Houzz Logo Print
pearsik

Is it normal for a stucco to look so uneven?

pearsik
hace 4 años
última modificación:hace 4 años

Hi, we're in the process of building a house, the stucco was finished 1 week ago and at least one wall looks very uneven, especially when the sun hits it. What do you think based on the attached picture? Is it a result of a light angle or poor application? Acceptible or should be redone? I highly appreciate your time and advice.

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    hace 4 años

There is no picture.

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    hace 4 años

I have little experience with stucco but I understand the are different degrees of the relief or texture effect that can made during the application process. Were you given a choice of what the finished stucco would look like?

• PRO
    Summit Studio Architects
    hace 4 años

Traditional stucco applied by hand requires a great deal of skill to get perfectly flat. The effect is amplified by glancing sun casting shadows. Control joints and raised banding can help break up the surfaces and detract from the wavy wall.

Once you have some landscaping, you won't notice it nearly as much.

• cpartist
    hace 4 años

Any photo must be a jpg

• PRO
    Virgil Carter Fine Art
    hace 4 años

What is your location? Is stucco (cement plaster) commonly used in your location?

• PRO
    Jeffrey R. Grenz, General Contractor
    hace 4 años

Now that I can see the finish it looks intentional & consistent.

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    hace 4 años

One man's flaw is another man's feature.

(or is that trash and treasure??)

• PRO
    Charles Ross Homes
    hace 4 años

@Mark,

Sounds like the tag line for a plastic surgery practice....

• Darin Gilbert
    hace 2 años

Sure wish i could see the photo. Our house has a general waviness or slightly lumpy. is that normal even though we asked for it to be smooth? i just dont know how smooth is can reasonably be

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.