Houzz Logo Print
marieearl77

Kitchen unit handles advice please

Ellie
hace 4 años

See pics. kitchen coming on now. Dark grey shaker, white carrera worktop, cool grey oak flooring (both still to be done)

Need handles

Highline base units mostly, one set 800wide drawers, tall full height door larder unit, full height door boiler unit, also integrated fr/frzr and oven.

I love cup handles, but not sure if they only work on drawers? Also love idea of copper rather than usual silver!

What handles for the fr/frzer and larders as they are big heavy solid wood doors.

Also advice on where to buy from.

Thank

Comentarios (16)

• Daisy England
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Definitely Copper handles although I don’t think there’s as much choice in copper as opposed to a silver/chrome finish but they do look great on graphite.

• Ribena Drinker
    hace 4 años

I'm sorry I'm not a fan of the copper. I don't know what it is that puts me off it, but I don't really like the current fad for everything copper at all.

• londoncottage
    hace 4 años

Copper sounds good. I just did my kitchen and decided; cup handles great to pull out drawers, but when turned sideways they don’t fit the hand (try it out, you have to twist!). For the integrated fridge I went for bar handles as you need more pull to open these.

Tbh, practicality is king here. Any handles will look great with some symmetry and same metal tone.

• Sonia
    hace 4 años

Just tried to submit a post and photos and the lot disappeared! I’ll try and post separately see if it works.

I'm not keen on that shiny copper look at all. It’s everywhere, following a trend which will soon date. The kitchen looks gorgeous, you must be very proud. I love chrome and I love brass and I think either will look stunning against your dark units. My sister, with a similar kitchen to yours, has chunky chrome knobs and they look really good. Knobs look more stylish than handles, I feel, but of course it is personal taste in the end. I’ll try and share some inspo pics separately if Houzz will let me!

• Sonia
    hace 4 años

Nope pics keep disappearing.........

• Sonia
    hace 4 años

• E D
    hace 4 años

Long black handles may be a good option too.

Some more inspo photos:

• Blah1
    hace 4 años

Not a great picture but I’ve gone for brass handles on my pale grey units. I think they would suit your units too. I’ve got a mix of cups for drawers and knobs for the cupboards. I went for 38mm knobs as I have a highline kitchen and thought that 32mm were too small.

I bought mine from Handles4u online and they have a grey range and are very reasonable.

• LTS
    hace 4 años

I have cup handles & knobs that I bought from more handles, who I would recommend. Love your dark units.

• tamp75
    hace 4 años

I have knobs on drawers, cupboards & full height fridge & freezer. All do the job just fine, no need for extra leverage on the fridge & freezer either. I like glass / crystal knobs although obv not to everyone’s taste.

• PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 4 años

For me, your glass doors to garden lead the way - so compliment that with brushed steel fittings on your kitchen cabinets.

• PRO
    Verity & Beverley Ltd
    hace 4 años

Hi Ellie, Great looking kitchen and yes cup handles work well on drawers. Copper could look great but maybe also try vintage brass as that would really suit your cabinets. Have a look here for some really nice fittings: https://theperiodironmonger.co.uk/product/vintage-brass-wrenbury-drawer-pull

Kitchen Design, Tunbridge Wells · Más información

Neptune Kitchen Design_Tunbridge Wells · Más información

• PRO
    MBH Carpentry and Joinery Ltd.
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Copper would definitely be my choice, bar handles for the cupboards so you have the pull for the f/f then maybe a pair of cabinet knobs in copper for each of the drawers.

• Sarah U-S
    hace 4 años

I’m also not keen on copper - the trend has already aged.
    I’d go for something timeless like an aged brass - i”d also take inspiration from quality kitchen companies like Devol just to see what looks good!
    There’s loads of good places online to buy ironmongery - one has been mentioned above, but also check out Willow and Stone and also Jim Lawrence (both easy to google!).

• Sarah U-S
    hace 4 años

Forgot to say - aged nickel or pewter would also look good and would go with your garden doors!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.