Houzz Logo Print
uscroy

Closet company lead times

uscpsycho
hace 4 años

I'm looking to have closets installed and all the closet company chains have lead times around 8 weeks. I thought that just meant that they are busy and nothing more. But one of the companies has it in their agreement that if anything is wrong and parts are needed after installation it can take another 8 weeks for the repair/correction. And that got me to thinking maybe these companies aren't really that busy, but they are sourcing their parts overseas and the lead times are so long because that's how long it takes to get replacement parts.

If that's the case, I will live with it to get my preferred vendor. But if that's not the case then I will fight for a shorter follow up time. There's no way I should drop to the end of the installation queue for corrections after I've spent thousands of dollars. And if they won't budge then I may go with a different company.

Comentarios (4)

• K R
    hace 4 años

Do you have a question?

• uscpsycho
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Yeah, does anyone know if these closet chains (Closet Factory, Inspired Closets, Closet World...) are getting parts to order from overseas which would necessitate 8 weeks for an installation error to be fixed?

Just trying to figure out if insisting on faster repairs is even possible. Or if they say 8 weeks because that's how long it takes them to get the parts they need if they ordered wrong in the first place.

• K R
    hace 4 años

Definitely possible. I had a carpenter make my closet custom for me, at 1/2 the cost of CC (got a quote from them) and he made all the shelving in-house so I know where the wood came from. I am very happy with the results. You’re paying for a name with the big companies and you’re held hostage too :/ Food for thought.

• PRO
    Innovative Closet Designs
    hace 4 años

Typically the lead time is not for the arrival of the materials, but coordinating scheduling of skilled installers. Many locally owned closet companies are more flexible in their scheduling and available compared to the large franchises. Your experiences will vary from company to company, happy hunting!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.