Houzz Logo Print
christian_meikle

Dining table style

Christian Meikle
hace 4 años

Hi

just finished a significant refurb/open plan project. Now I need some furniture!

What style and colour dining table and chairs would you put in? The one in the pic is an old one that is just there until I buy a new one (it’s too small!) ideally I want it to be 3mtrs in length.

it will probably go next to the island which is 3mtrs. The sofa is 2.5 mtrs long.

I think I’m going to put a couple of chairs and a coffee table where the dining table currently is.

Finding it difficult to find something suitable ... Help please!!

Comentarios (19)

• E D
    hace 4 años

Yes, nice space.

Will you consider a (giant) rug?

• Christian Meikle
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Yes, I have been considering rugs. I haven’t found anything I like yet. I’m open to suggestions.

I would also like a large statue or sculpture to stand against the short piece of grey wall at the back right of the top picture.

• minnie101
    hace 4 años

HI. Great space. Sorry to be rude but do you have a budget in mind? i actually had a look at go modern this morning but the table plus the number of chairs really added up! I think I would add a little wood and something with a curve, not sure what you think of this Belleville chair? They come in different materials, colours etc (plus with and without arms) which could be mixed and matched if you like that look?

• Christian Meikle
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Hi all, thanks for the suggestions and ideas. I’m toying with the table below (legs/base will be black). It’s 3 x 1m, so its big, which it needs to be as the room is big, but due to having a glass top it shouldn’t look like a huge block in the room. What do you think?

Chairs need to be considered. I like the ideal of dark walnut to go with my Tall kitchen units, but would I better off with stainless steel and black leather to match my bar stools? Or something slightly wacky like the orange chairs below to go with sofa?

• minnie101
    hace 4 años

I love the table and the walnut chairs but if I'm honest not together (for me personally). I think the table works better with this shape of chair or something like your existing. I'm not that keen on the chairs in the 2nd pic but like whatever they've got on the table on the left! Maybe you could repeat the walnut for an interesting bowl?

• Anthony (Beano)
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Orange, for me will clash badly with the sofa, due to the navy wall the sofa colour it is very dominant , it probably go for a black chair with the table you like, again.

rem you’ll need at least 6 chairs on a table that size (three each side and possibly even one each end depending on how it ends up looking)

• Christian Meikle
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I agree re chairs; black and metal is safest and will match the bar stools.

I was thinking of 5 Chairs either side, again it would match the bar and gives lots of space round them.

• Anthony (Beano)
    hace 4 años

At a squeeze I’d say 4 either side and one either end, think 5 would be very tight with not much personal space if all were being used.

A (few, lol) I like

https://www.nest.co.uk/product/tom-dixon-scoop-low-back-chair

https://www.nest.co.uk/product/moooi-carbon-outdoor-chair

https://www.nest.co.uk/product/knoll-tulip-chair-fully-upholstered

• PRO
    Go Modern Furniture
    hace 4 años

Hi Christian,

Firstly, what a fantastic space you have created, with lots of light from the large windows and a fabulous kitchen/relaxing area, I love your sofa.

I note that Beano kindly recommended Go Modern and we would love to help you choose some furniture for your amazing space. I see that you are thinking of a glass table, but larger than the one you already have and some chairs to go with it, as well as a rug, a couple of armchairs and a coffee table.

I think the glass dining table that you are looking at is really nice and a good size for the space, but I wondered if you had considered a ceramic table top as this might also work for you. Ceramic is a new finish in a variety of colours which is smooth to the touch and looks and feels just like marble, but is incredibly hard-wearing and perfect for families or entertaining.

The Art Dining Table from Bonaldo, designed by the famous Gino Carollo is a great example as it can also be enhanced by matching inserts in the legs.

Regarding dining chairs we offer a huge range .

But if you’re looking for some really colourful dining chairs – how about these ? The Bonaldo Bernedetta designed by Dondoli e Pocci

We also have a great selection of rugs from top names like Missoni Home and Nani Marquina

Armchair wise you might want to try something completely different like the Sacco from Zanotta – they are incredibly comfortable !

For some coffee table ideas – take a look here....

So, these are purely a few of my own suggestions and may not work for you at all. However, with such a large and amazing space I thought it was worth giving you some different ideas to think about.

If you would like to discuss anything in person please feel free to call our Showroom on 020 7731 9540, or if you live nearby why not drop into the Showroom on the Kings Road in Chelsea.

We have a fantastic design team who will be happy to talk you through some options and many more possibilities.

Finally Good luck with it all! I hope you find the right pieces for your beautiful kitchen/diner/relaxation space.

Kind regards, Caroline for Go Modern

PS - When you've found items for indoors - how about that huge garden I see through the windows!! We have everything you could possibly want to create the perfect outdoor relaxation area.

• Anthony (Beano)
    hace 4 años

Stop the press!

what a chair, sorry should have browsed your site too:-(

love this

https://www.gomodern.co.uk/store/zanotta-eva-swivel-dining-chair.html

big fan of zanotta as I’ve a couple of pieces, also highly recommend Bonaldo as I have the octa table on chrome and acid etched white glass! Love it

My Home So Far · Más información

• PRO
    Go Modern Furniture
    hace 4 años

Thanks Beano for your suggestions. The Octa table is a really lovely piece, looks like you have created the perfect dining space, I bet dinner parties go on til late in those comfy chairs !

• Anthony (Beano)
    hace 4 años

No problem at all, those chairs are stunning tbh, not cheap but for me they are a lifetime set!

• minnie101
    hace 4 años

I think the base of Beano's chair works well with the table. I can't photoshop at all but wondering if the walnut top would actually work? I also like the idea of a curved chaise etc behind the sofa (it comes in loads of colours just couldn't get photos). Maybe one of the downlights is well positioned so you could hang a pendant over the chair to add some visual height and zone the area?

• Anthony (Beano)
    hace 4 años

Hi Minnie

yes agree, possibly a walnut top to add some warmth, the above chairs can be got in black leather too as an option which coupled with the walnut top would look fantastic.

aslo possibly relocating the table to the position you show too, free that space up for even a couple of large feature chairs and a nice pouffe or coffee table?

two bo concept imola chairs would look well over there!

• Christian Meikle
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks all, this is really helpful.

im going to pop into a few places including Go Modern and have a look in real life. I love ceramic finishes; my island is wrapped in Dekton. The material looks stunning and its incredibly easy to live with. I do like Dekton Trilium, potentially for a feature dinning table top:

I might have the skorpio style legs (the table I posted pic of) made in brushed stainless and then the top in this.

I really like these dining chairs....

• Christian Meikle
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Beano, i love the Bo Concept Imola chairs you mentioned. Im very tempted to have a pair for where the dining table currently is in the picture. Think they would look amazing...

• Anthony (Beano)
    hace 4 años

Thanks christian, actually going to order one myself possibly in the new year for the living room, seen one in the flesh and have to say, they are impressive and very comfortable!

• Anthony (Beano)
    hace 4 años

Ps if you like that Tom Dixon chair, another fav of mine is the moroso fjord sled base dining chair

im a BIG moroso fan and have a lot of their furniture, it’s a bit out there but the passion and quality is fantastic, they can be got in various finishes but I’d recommend the devina melange wool finish for a set of chairs that would look stunning! I have my lowland bed in it and I love it!

i have the large high back fjord lounge chair in my living room in off white leather, there is a wide version without the high back and the narrower dining chairs so just watch what you price as they are not all the same and vary a bit in price depending on size and finish :-)

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.