Houzz Logo Print
sunrise2011

What to do with this empty dining room wall..............

sunrise2011
hace 4 años

I am trying to update my dining room. One day, hoping to replace furniture, but for now just need something on the large wall to pull things together. I am considering large scale prints, my own photos large scale or wall decals/wallpaper. Also considering painting walls dark grey. Comments please. Much appreciated!

Comentarios (13)

• felizlady
    hace 4 años

I would hang two or three pieces of art on the wall.

sunrise2011 agradeció a felizlady
  • decoenthusiaste
    hace 4 años

One big piece of art you love; just no nudes! These people probably love their dog and the dinner conversation with guests probably includes everyone's favorite doggie tale, or is that tail?

Riverside Townhouse · Más información

sunrise2011 agradeció a decoenthusiaste
  • shirlpp
    hace 4 años

The wall color is fine. What photos do you have? My husband take many pictures of landscapes and we have had many enlarged for our walls.

• sunrise2011
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I have some photos from a recent Napa trip in a vineyard that I just love. The one I have in mind is a tree-lined dirt road I would love to do in a sepia or black and white.

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 4 años

Sepia would be pretty with the current tones in the room.

sunrise2011 agradeció a decoenthusiaste
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

I think the room is charming. I love the classic table and chairs. You really need just a new sideboard to complement them. The light fixture has to go because the quality of light it cases is terrible for this room. The light flattens everything. It adds no sparkle. I would suggest something in brass to work with the wood tones.

https://www.hayneedle.com/product/napahomeandgarden6piecearboristprintwallartset.cfm?source=CJAFFILIATES&kwid=WallArt%20newskus&tid=7412067&AID=13364866&PID=7412067&ShopperID=&cjevent=150bed6ade1e11e9800203730a240610

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Filament-Design-6-Light-Warm-Brass-Chandelier-CLI-SH278532/308487744

sunrise2011 agradeció a BeverlyFLADeziner
  • sunrise2011
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I love the chandelier. The sideboard is actually the bottom of a hutch that was part of the dining room suite. The top of the hutch was destroyed in a move so we had a piece of granite cut to top it. Just FYI. Thank you so much for your comments. They were very helpful.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 4 años

Boy that base doesn't look like Queen Anne at all and it's far too low. It should be be at least at 30" and could be higher if you find one. You should be able to find one on Craigslist

• spraguec
    hace 4 años

You might want to consider filling the large wall with something to hold books and other lovely display pieces. Then place your extra chairs on either side. Keep the small table at the window and buy two narrow upholstered wingback chairs to establish an inviting reading area in possibly this under-used room. The wingback chairs can also be called into service at the ends of your dining table. If you have leaves to the table, I believe I would put one in to make the room feel warm, generous, inviting and less formal.

sunrise2011 agradeció a spraguec
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 4 años

NO room to do that

• shirlpp
    hace 4 años

Your Napa artwork sounds good. I love horse artwork and have a large 52x48 inch on my dining room wall surrounded by 2 wall candle holders. If you love horses, maybe consider this.

sunrise2011 agradeció a shirlpp
  • calidesign
    hace 4 años

Three large framed photos or other art would look great. I would use something that brings in some color with simple wood frames. I like your current wall color with your rug, table, and adjacent room. If you use dark gray it will look disconnected to everything else. Wallpaper could also look nice, but I don't think it's necessary. The rest of your room is fine as it is.

sunrise2011 agradeció a calidesign
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.