Houzz Logo Print
heatherinor

Raising Lacanche to 36"- please help!

HeatherInOR
hace 4 años
última modificación:hace 4 años

Hello! I've been using my range for about year and am just getting around to raising it to meet my countertop edge. Reading the Lacanche Guide/Manual, it appears as though we can raise the range to 36" without switching the feet out to the extender feet. When I try to lift the back of the range I see the roller feet- is that what hold the back up (they don't seem to drop down enough to raise the the stove)? Did you add feet to the back? It comes with 4 extender feet- assuming one for each corner.

Feeling a little dense- could someone please explain how they raised their range to countertop height?

Thank you!

Comentarios (14)

• Garderner2014
    hace 4 años
    HeatherInOR agradeció a Garderner2014
  • PRO
    Lacanche USA
    hace 4 años

Bonjour Heather!

We are more than happy to help walk you through this. Please feel free to reach out directly to our Service & Support department at 1.888.222.2930 or support@frenchranges.com . I am also reachable directly at blair@frenchranges.com and would be delighted to put you in the right hands.

Best of luck and chat soon.

Merci !

Blair | Lacanche US

HeatherInOR agradeció a Lacanche USA
  • HeatherInOR
    Autor original
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Thank you megs1030 and Garderner2014 and Blair . Of course we were trying to do things on a Sunday when AC is closed. I read and reread all of my materials and must have watched that video 6 times. Although there is mention of the extender feet there's nothing specific on switching them out and adding the feet in the back. I will call AC. Thank you.

• amymhale
    hace 4 años

I'm having the same problem. did you get it worked out?

• HeatherInOR
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Hi Amy. We did! We had to lift the stove onto a couple of supports (like 2 X 4's on either end) to raise it off the ground. We used shoulder straps designed for moving to lift it. Then I was able to lower the front and back supports. I did not switch out the feet to the extender ones. At the moment the range is higher than I anticipate my counter to be, but I'm waiting for the granite to be installed before I adjust. It's a lot easier to lower the range when it's on the ground than it is to raise it.

I did break off the screw for the middle rollers before we lifted the range to adjust... that was frustrating! The range definitely needs to be lifted off its feet in order to raise the height, at least that's what worked for us.

Are you trying to raise over 36"?

I also put felt pads under the feet so we could push it back into place without scratching the floor.

• amymhale
    hace 4 años
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>We are also trying to raise it to 36". We changed out front feet using 2x4 method because the plastic got all chewed up from trying to raise them. we couldn't get back to raise and broke the adjusters on the right and left so the back is at it's lowest
  • HeatherInOR
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I know!! Same here with the plastic... looks so simple in video-not! Ours came with four extender feet although it doesn't show where the back ones would go... it does appear to have a couple of holes in the corners. I think the range would have to be raised pretty significantly to get the feet under so you could screw them up.

Did you call Lacanche? I actually didn't because we resolved it. However, losing the ability to raise and lower rollers is pretty frustrating- I honestly don't think it's realistic to raise the range like they do in the video. I wonder if they will replace your broken parts.

Another issue could be that the range will be too high with the extender feet, without the ability to lower?? I'm glad we didn't have to switch out the feet.

• amymhale
    hace 4 años

The video is ridiculous. I have found most of their videos are out of date. Trying to figure out / install the spacer was fun too.

We got the extended feet on in the front without too much trouble they are only 1/2" longer. We have the front height perfect.

Spoke with Lacanche and apparently we completely broke the adjusters for the rear wheels which are what supports the back. There are no feet in the back nor is there a place to put feet in the back, an "improvement" made in recent years but they still send 4 feet?? odd. Anyway. They are sending me some old brackets that can be bolted in the back that the feet will screw into just like the front. I will have to level it while its pulled out and then push back in place and hope it's level when it's in place. I bought some felt pads so hopefully moving in and out without the wheels won't be too difficult.

• HeatherInOR
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Yes, same for us with the spacer. We installed the range ourselves and followed the video... could not install spacer flush with top of range. Called Lacanche and the guy was very helpful, but did say to use an elbow out of the back of the stove (in video the gas is attached straight out) - he said he would tell lacanche that the video was out of date. I guess you know all of the above now but thought I'd write it here in case anyone else reads this while trying to do their install!

He was also helpful regarding the childproof igniters... it was taking so long for the thermocouple to heat up. He told me to skip the ignite on the knob and just wait for the flame to light on high... so much quicker now.

I'm glad it's getting worked out, even though it's not ideal. What model did you get?

• amymhale
    hace 4 años

good tip on ighniters

Chagny 1400 in French blue. what's yours?

• amymhale
    hace 4 años

they also hid the part about the height of the range minimum/maximum on the spacer info sheet. found it today, a bit too late

• PRO
    Lacanche USA
    hace 4 años

Bonjour @amyhale ! I do believe our Support Department has tried to get in touch, but please let me know if I can help with anything in the meantime, I'll gladly get you in the right hands.

Merci,

Blair | Lacanche US

blair@frenchranges.com

• HeatherInOR
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Beautiful Amy! We have a Cluny 1400 in black. I’ll post a photo when we get our counters- hopefully in about 2 weeks:) also working on getting cabinets finished up.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.