Houzz Logo Print
mytuesday

backsplash height?

Caroline H
hace 4 años

I am finally picking counters and backsplash. I am thinking this or a similar quartzite. So, if I have enough for backsplash , I may use it. But my question is how high should my backsplash be on the window wall? There will not be any upper cabinets, but there will be 3 shelves, to the left of the windows. Should I go up to the same height as the left wall(up to under the cabinets or 6 inches which is to the level of the windows? Or something different? Maybe just 6 inch all the way around? Thanks for suggestions.

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    Spirit Classic Homes And Renovations
    hace 4 años

you can see in the background how we handle windows in backsplash. We keep.the backsplash at 18" tall and we wrap it around into the window sill.

• itsourcasa
    hace 4 años

I would wait until the kitchen is installed to decide how you want the backsplash.

• Caroline H
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Casamacho I need to decide if I will buy 2 prefabs or a slab. If I do backsplash in the quartzite, I need to see if it is enough sq feet and pick a slab that will have a nice area for above the stove.

• Caroline H
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Spirit Clasic Homes thanks for your help? But what if there is no uppers on the wall? Would you still do the 18"?

• itsourcasa
    hace 4 años

I see.. I'm actually not a fan of a short backsplash with or without upper cabinets so that wouldn't be an option for me. I'd get enough for an 18" backsplash if that is definitely the look you want for the backsplash.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.