craftsman1412

Kitchen Before and After

Craftsman Lover
12 de Septiembre de 2019

We started our kitchen remodel in February and it is finally 100% done! What a journey. We tried to do a lot of it ourselves to save costs. It’s a smallish kitchen, about 11 x 11, but feels so much bigger and brighter now.

Here are some pics, more to follow.

Comentarios (67)

• K R

I love all of it, but especially the floor! #hearteyes

• ebg1935

So amazing. A fantastic job- love everything!!!

• Isaac

Stunning! That floor! So much more functional than before, and the style is very much in harmony with the windows and doors. So impressed you did it a yourselves!

• st5330

The train is very cute

• samazi

Fabulous!!!

• eam44

Enjoy it in the best of health. Don’t you feel like your house just loves you even more now?

• Sara

Gorgeous and functional. Love floors and cabinet colors and especially your train. Well done!

• Rachel G

Wow! Such a wonderful change!

• cat_mom

What a great job!

• PRO
    Spirit Classic Homes And Renovations

I really love the floors and the subway tile backsplash is such a Classic design. Great Job!

• scottie mom

Gorgeous, fresh, comfortable, and appropriate to this house. So nice to see something like this among all the run-of-the-mill clones out there. Well done. Enjoy it!!!

• PRO
    Window Treats Inc.

Wow! What a transformation! The new layout is so much better than the original. You did a great job.

• Cadyren

Very nice!

• Craftsman Lover

Thanks everyone! So happy to be done and cook again - with an actual vent too! I didn’t realize how dark the pictures came out. The cabinets aren’t so dark in person. I’ll try to brighten it up to show better representation.

• Coneflower4

What a stunning transformation! It is simply beautiful.

• salonva

Wow- so beautifully done. (and yes those floors tho!!!)

• mxk3

Love it!

• krottmann

So pretty, you did a fantastic job! very creative with the floor and subway tile, love it!

• st5330

i love that you did a colored cabinet and didnt just whitewash the space. looks so high end!

• anna_682

Beautiful!

• melle_sacto is hot and dry in CA Zone 9/

I adore what you did with your kitchen. You improved the layout and chose lovely tiles, cabinets, counters... must be a wonderful space to work!

• Karin K

Love it!

• felizlady

Very well done. I love little hex tiles....and the blue is beautiful. Congratulations! The little subway train is a surprise and very cute.

• felizlady

The little subway train is a cute surprise!

• PRO
  • Adelle

I love that little train so much!

• jtz58

Love the pendants. Great job!

• MT Castillo

WOW!!! So pretty! And replacing the upper cabs with open shelves really helped to open up the space! It looks incredible!

• arcy_gw

Love the floor!! Timeless. DH had to explain the train--then I read your explanation. I think I would have put it behind the stove. Not a gray fan but I do hope it holds the test of time for you.

• PRO
    May Construction, Inc.

Wow, the stainless steel appliances and open shelving really open up the space and make it feel more modern . Amazing transformation.

• cpartist

I can't believe I missed this. Absolutely gorgeous. Love the lights. Love the floor.

And I especially love the bin pulls. (Secret: I really wanted bin pulls but being we're getting up there in age, I went with glass pulls instead. Sigh.)

• decoenthusiaste

Great tile work up and down!

• happyleg

That looks great, I would like wine glasses upside down. Enjoy ur grand place!

• Tudorista

Love this!!!! This kitchen would make me happy every day. Congratulations on a project really well done.

• PRO
    K Interior Design Group

I love almost everything about this kitchen, but 2 things bother me.

By Switching the dishwasher to the right, as opposed to having it like you had it before, it now means you cannot open those drawers, when using the dishwasher because you risk damaging them. Or if you're like me and (who is always distracted) leave a drawer a bit ajar, you're going to hit the drawer and ding the carpentry.

The other thing that bothers me is, now when you're doing dishes you're in the center of that window, as opposed to having a free and clear view of outside.

I think I would have left those two things in the same location they were before.. Plus it would have giving you more prep area near the new stove location..

• Kendrah

So nice to see a new kitchen that has some craftsman charm and touches. The floor and lighting are perfect.

• gthigpen

Absolutely lovely! It looks like it fits your home really well!

• Momofthree Ma

So light and bright! Well done!

• PRO
  • AWINMH

love it! really nicely done. enjoy every moment you spend there!

• PRO
    Renov8or

Beautiful! I love your color choices. And the floor is wonderful.

• mercurygirl

Adorable and unique.

• C DeV

@ Craftsman Lover That is a beautiful transformation. What direction is the kitchen window above the sink facing? Love the light and the colors. So pretty.

• Jenya Flutts

Beautiful remodel of the kitchen! We have a similar lay out and are looking to move some appliances around to make it more functional. Do you have pictures of the other wall? Which has the fridge?

• Craftsman Lover

Thank you @CDeV! The kitchen window is south facing.

@Jenya Flutts, thank you! Here are a few pics of the fridge wall. There’s a pantry on the left and a small counter area on the right.

• Craftsman Lover

Oops I posted the unfinished pic above. Here’s the finished one with backsplash.

• Jenya Flutts

wow we have such a similar lay out! thank you this is helpful

• zorroslw1

Really, really beautiful! The flooring is drop dead gorgeous and the cabinet color makes me want to redo my 4 year old kitchen with them. Ha, ha, like that was going to happen. Good job.

• Jenya Flutts

trying to figure out best layout for us ! this is currently before we've made a new lay out.

• PRO
    Michels Homes

Looks great! Beautiful transformation.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Al continuar en este sitio o utilizar esta aplicación, acepto que el grupo Houzz pueda utilizar cookies y tecnologías similares para mejorar sus productos y servicios, ofrecerme contenido relevante y personalizar mi experiencia. Saber más.