Houzz Logo Print
marieearl77

Ceiling Extractor help please

Ellie
hace 4 años

So we will have an island with induction hob.

Extraction - I do not like any big fancy island chimney style and much prefer an almost hidden ceiling extractor.

I mentioned this to my builder and he did mention something that sounded almost like putting in a bathroom type fan in a box at ceiling with motorised bit up out the roof???? I wasn't entirely sure what that meant!

Is there any way of having a ceiling extractor, without it costing me almost £1000 dont mind if there has to be a bit of boxing around it. Our ceiling height at 2.75m.

Many thanks!

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 4 años

Yes, do what the Bulider suggested . As long as it clears 30lps as positioned over the hob - a simple bathroom type extractor is fine ! Some come on automatically when moisture in air is too high - some you switch on yourself .

• Jonathan
    hace 4 años

I would go for a ceiling extractor. They are often available with a slimline motor designed to sit between rafters so they sit Flush with the ceiling. Air Uno are a great brand but there are many options. You might also investigate having the motor cited remotely to keep down noise.

• lynneeemac
    hace 4 años

that would be my question - are they not really noisy??

• PRO
    Brandler London
    hace 4 años

Another option to consider Ellie is to use the Bora system. Here the extraction is in the hob unit itself and this works surprisingly well:-

https://www.bora.com/gb/gb/cooktop-extractor/bora-principle/

https://magazin.bora.com/bora-magazine-01-2019-english/62284581

They are available in both gas and induction options.

• Ellie
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

@OnePlan thank you for your advice. what does the 30 lps mean and/or can you post me a pic of a fan that would work in this case?

• Gabby Wong
    hace 4 años

Wow I did not know this was an option!! I always presumed you had to have a proper kitchen extractor...

You mention the lps rate, is that more important than the m3/hr?

• PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 4 años

When replacing an existing kitchen in UK, the current recommendation is that you replace your old extractor with one that’s as good as or better than the previous one . If it’s above the hob it needs to remove a minimum of 30 litres per second if it’s elsewhere in the room it’s a minimum of 60litres per second . There are advantages of having a higher extraction rate than these - ie less moisture in the air - less sticky residue on door fronts and shelves etc!

The m3/ph is just another form showing what it does/how efficient etc and can be useful if you want to work out the volume of the room and the air you want to remove etc .

Hope that helps ?! It’s basically what your builder suggested - he’s obvs got your back ! Nice to have one on board who’s not trying to help you overspend !!

• rinked
    hace 4 años

Novy has some nice ones. Not very cheap though, but good quality.

• Julie Hennell
    hace 3 años

May I ask where you got your Novy extractor from? Seem to be pretty hard to locate!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.