Houzz Logo Print
jmm_11

Blackout Shades vs Light Filtering Shades

Jim
hace 4 años

I live in a semi attached house and don't get much natural light in on the one side of the house where the kitchen, living room and dining room windows are. So I was wondering should I put Light filtering shades there or if I'm worried about privacy and the neighbors looking in would blackout shades be unusual to put in those rooms?

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Window Treats Inc.
    hace 4 años

Hi Jim,

You can have the best of both worlds...light and privacy! Hunter Douglas makes quite a few products that will do both. Duette Architella, Solera, Silhouette, just to name a few. It would be best if you set up a consultation with a window treatment professional. They will be able to guide you through the features and benefits of each product.

• cat_ky
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

I use all black out shades, but, I open mine up completely all day. They are only for night time use. Any shade will block out a whole lot of light, if left covering the window during the day. I only have neighbors on the sides, none in front, nor in the back. I really dont have to worry about neighbors looking in here. I dont think I would want any shade even if light filtering covering my windows during the day. If privacy during the day is a big issue, how about using sheer curtains pulled. That gives privacy from neighbors and also allows light to come in and you can look out through them.

• wdccruise
    hace 4 años

Remember the Spotlight Effect. Nobody really cares what you are doing and darkening the rooms may make them less pleasant to be in.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.