Houzz Logo Print
webuser_39177052745

Benjamin Moore Cloud White close match to Kelly Moore Pickett Fence 46

Jora
hace 4 años

Can anyone with GREAT eye for color help me with these two colors?

Are they similar 'enough'?

Sorry to be so vague...just had a really long day.

Thank. you!

Comentarios (13)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 4 años

It is really is impossible to compare colors on a monitor why are you asking? Similar enough for what ? We would for sure need a bit more info.

Jora agradeció a Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • Jora
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Hi Patricia,

The two colors in the title.

I was told (by a Kelly Moore sales person) that B.M. White Cloud and K.M. Pickett Fence are almost identical.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Then BELIEVE her. What tile? Where are the two whites going? Sorry you had a long day, but a post like that is like a tired child rubbing his eyes and crying : ) We don't know if you need a bottle, or just a hug lol

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 4 años

I repeat why are you asking ?

Jora agradeció a Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • PRO
    Main Line Kitchen Design
    hace 4 años

If you want a paint match then have a paint store scan the color you are trying to match. If they don't get it perfect on the first try have them try again adjusting their mixture after looking at the scanned color match.

Trying to match premixed standard colors is not the way to ever do this. And yes using your computer to match colors is totally worthless. We get people asking us what color something they are looking at on a computer is all the time. It is silly - every screen will show a different color sometimes that are not even in the same color family.

Jora agradeció a Main Line Kitchen Design
  • Jora
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Patricia - I'm not looking to match an existing color in the room, rather want a Benjamin Moore paint COLOR but for Cabinet Coat (Pro. painter said to pick a color from Kelly Moore).

Lori - Thank you for the detailed info. We are getting our (South Faced) kitchen cabinet painted. We have Cloud White (OC -130) on the walls, and looking for a white/off white color for the cabinets. Something that is not to stark, too yellow, or too pink!

Some of the folks had suggested we match cabinets to the shutter colors (two windows in kitchen), however we prefer not to as it is an older K.M. paint color (Western Acoustic) which has a lot of yellow in it.

We did swatches, and the best colors are Simply White /OC-117 and Could White/OC-130, with Simply White being the nicer of the two choices.

However, since due to the base of each different paint manufacturer, paint matching can be a hit or miss, the Sales Reps (with over 20 years of experience. at K.M.) said that Pickett Fence was a close match to S.W.

Main- Thank you for that info. It's extremely helpful. Will pass on the info. to our paint guy.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    hace 4 años

Cabinet Coat (Pro. painter said to pick a color from Kelly Moore).

Why? Benjamin Moore owns Cabinet Coat.

Jora agradeció a Lori A. Sawaya
  • PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    hace 4 años

said that Pickett Fence was a close match to S.W.

I'm confused. Because the title of your thread is "Benjamin Moore Cloud White close match to Kelly Moore Pickett Fence 46".

Where did Simply White (S.W.) come from?

• Jora
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Sorry meant to say Cloud White Not Simoly White.

• Jora
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Lori - This is confusing. When we stopped at Kelly Moore yesterday to get matching samples, my husband saw that they sell Cabinet Coat there. Why would Kelly Moore sell s Benjamin Moore product?

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    hace 4 años

Oh probably just because they can buy from BenM and stock it. Cabinet Coat was owned/made by Inslx and Benjamin Moore bought that company - I think in 2017 (ish).

But more importantly I would have my Cabinet Coat tinted at a Benjamin Moore store if I wanted a Benjamin Moore color because that's the simplest solution.

No reason to complicate the process.

If I wanted a Kelly Moore color, have it done there.

• Jora
    Autor original
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Thank you Lori, makes sense. it said Inslx but did not specify BM anywhere on it. We‘ll let the cabinet guy know so hopefully he’ll run it to a BM store to get the color we want.

Thanks Again.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.