Houzz Logo Print
collectorguru

Yikes, Let's decorate the Playroom!

Design2 girl
hace 4 años

This is uncharted water for me, but my daughter's new home has a freshly painted (SW Alabaster) bonus room that will provide a great playroom for the kids, an adult exercise space for dad, and a designated space for mom's embroidery machine/crafts. So, truth be told, we are looking to design the ideal room that will provide some great family space while being upstairs away from the hub bub. This will be family friendly, functional, and a happy, fun space. So, that's the vision.

The room is already divided into 2 spaces and has access to a bathroom. Looks like this:

Facebook · Más información

The bathroom door is to the left, not visible in this pic. This space measures about 14 X 13

The pony wall that you can see at the very bottom of this picture divides the space and behind the half wall is this space...

The small doors are simply storage access doors that were open when they painted.

All the blinds will be replaced with plantation shutters.

Our current thinking is that the first area with the tray ceiling, fan, and triple windows will be where the children's toys, reading corner and soft seating will be placed. The area behind the pony wall will be dad's bike, and a large table suitable for mom's embroidery machine.

Looking for a fun rug on the kid's side to start this room off on the right foot. We found this one at Crate & Barrel Kids, but if you have a source for something similar, would love to see suggestions. I feel like we need some color on the floor that will work with little girl things (think kitchen, doll things) but we have a baby boy as well, (so Tonka trucks, primary things), would love to see your ideas and inspirations and storage ideas.

If you made it this far, I thank you! Move in day is coming!

Comentarios (4)

• Kate E
    hace 4 años

I’m guessing that reference to dads workout/bike area means he’s either a triathlete or cyclist. We’ve got lots of gear! May I suggest some storage for his area? I like those cube storage shelves (ikea, Target, Walmart) all sell them. They are great for storing hand weights, foam rollers, canvas drawers for things like gloves, arm warmers, etc. then make sure you’ve got an outlet nearby. The top of the shelf can be a nice surface for dad’s tablet or phone so he can either watch movies, listen to music on headphones, or just follow along with is training plan while riding. I also like a yoga mat for post ride stretching, etc. (I also place my bike & trainer on top of an old yoga mat. Helps protect the floors and keeps the ride steady.)

Not sure if that helps at all, but that’s where my experience is, versus playroom ideas :) Happy planning!

• Gcubed
    hace 4 años

What about a wide window seat or daybed type seating with lots of pillows vs a sofa? Then you could do other chairs (kid size?) or a small table with chairs (there are also great tables that have a reel of drawing paper - I think IKEA or Container Store? Or make yourself) in the center. Kitchen set on a wall (table can be used for tea time) and storage units on the sides (like a kitchen). Eventually table could be converted to train table.

• Gcubed
    hace 4 años

PotteryBarnKids has a Play Table to which you can add the drawing paper roll. That would be very multi-purpose, esp for a toddler. And then the windowseat/daybed could have drawers underneath for storage (and be cozy to curl up to read books, take a nap, etc). Maybe even a painted tree in one corner with bookshelves (would go with the rug you picked)

• PRO
    Betty Wasserman Art & Interiors
    hace 4 años

Below are a few fun kids play room ideas (also some bedroom designs) from designs we have done for other clients. Take note of the shelves, storage, rugs, artwork, and lighting.

Hamptons Hideaway · Más información

Chelsea Loft · Más información

Colorful and Cheerful Kids Room · Más información

Daniels Lane · Más información

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.