cmmay

Advice on exterior paint colors

C M
25 de Junio de 2019

The Houzz community never lets me down. I need to paint the home exterior and I am paralyzed with indecision. Here’s a partial pic of the front. It’s mostly tan brick, which I am hoping NOT to paint the brick (on a very tight budge). So it’s just siding and trim. FYI - the “spindles” you see at the front of the gable are no longer there...the wood spindles rotted, so we just took them down.

What color(s) would look nice? We are Ok with the tan/cream, however it looks so dated - house was built ‘85. Any ideas for an updated look? As I said, the brick will not be painted. Notice the mailbox to get a better idea of brick color.

Comentarios (10)

• K Laurence

Roof color? A picture closer in would help. I would try to pick a color from the brick, either lighter or darker depending upon what you might want. Maybe a taupe?.. difficult to tell based upon your photo.

• C M

I can’t remember what the roof color is called...it’s just composite shingles that are gray.

• chloebud

Yes, pick a color from the brick that also works with the roof.

• C M

That makes sense to go with a color from the bricks. They aren’t a flat tan, there’s a lot of color variant to them. Should I continue with the two tone style with colors from the bricks or should I do everything in one color only? I’m so used to looking at the two tone, it’s hard to invision all one color.

• K Laurence

Can’t really say without a better picture. You could do what I had done, one shade for the body of the house & went with a few shades lighter of the same color for the trim ( or vice versa ). A little more of a subtle look rather than two - toned.

• PRO
    Paintzen, Inc.

There are definitely ways you can update your home exterior without painting the brick. If you choose to do a two-tone, we recommend painting the siding a non-neutral color since you want to stay away from tan and go with white trim. If you choose to paint the siding and trim the same color, it will give your home an ultra-modern look that might have the curb appeal you've been wanting. You do have a lot of beautiful greenery that surrounds your home. If you'd like to take advantage of that and have your exterior blend in with its natural environment, we recommend painting your siding in PPG's Cavern Moss. If you want something that's sleek and modern, go with a warm gray like PPG's Shining Armor.

Best of luck with your home exterior repaint project. You can order free swatches of both of these PPG colors on our website today at https://samples.paintzen.com/landing/all.

Don Torrance

Community Manager

don@paintzen.com

Paintzen

An easier way to paint your home.

www.paintzen.com

C M agradeció a Paintzen, Inc.
  • PRO
  • decoenthusiaste

Consider the mortar and roof color; that may be your paint color inspiration.

• C M

I’ve posted some newer (better I hope pics). Please check them out and see what you think. However I hadn’t thought of the mortar color or roof color. I will look into that. Thx!

• chloebud

Good tip from deco regarding the mortar and roof colors.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Al continuar en este sitio o utilizar esta aplicación, acepto que el grupo Houzz pueda utilizar cookies y tecnologías similares para mejorar sus productos y servicios, ofrecerme contenido relevante y personalizar mi experiencia. Saber más.