Houzz Logo Print
nina_goldman28

Would Flooret Sutton go with Durasupreme Shell Gray maple cabinets?

Nina
hace 4 años

I am trying to decide on cabinet/floor combinations. I really want to use Flooret. While Ashford goes with Durasupreme shell gray cabinet, I am trying to stay away from gray flooring or a total gray look since it would not blend well with the rest of my house. I am leaning toward Sutton color flooring now. Can I still use the shell gray on the cabinet? If not, which color maple cabinet do you think would go well with Sutton? I don't want to do white or go too dark. Here is the link to DuraSupreme cabinet colors.

https://www.durasupreme.com/styling-guide/finishes/stain#.XQzRPI97lhE

Going with Maple, but considered Oak too. Cabinet style is Hanover. Thanks

Comentarios (5)

• SJ McCarthy
    hace 4 años

What's your counter top? The cabinets will read 'dark' once they are installed. The Sutton colour by Flooret is technically a light colour but it will darken by 1-2 steps once installed. That means you will only have 1-2 degrees of colour separation between the cabinets and the flooring.

And the use of maple as the wood will also cause the cabinets to get a snick darker/yellower over time. Maple is photosensitive (as is cherry) which means it gets darker and yellower when exposed to UV light (any light).

Without knowing your counter tops it is hard to say how everything will flow. Right now the colours *probably work (again we can't see them sitting side by side so it is a guessing game with the photos on the internet, monitor settings, etc). The Sutton shows plenty of gold with hints of grey/white in it.

You could have an excellent match (in the home's lighting) or you could have a MASSIVE clash. If you don't want gray floors throughout the house, you will want to rethink the gray cabinets. Gray doesn't always play nice with other (wood tone) colours. The possibility of clashes with undertones is HUGE...especially with a stain on maple and a 'faux wood' product mixed together.

Mixing gray PAINT with wood tones is different. It is much easier to get right. Please get a door sample (pay for it if you have to) and a sample of the Sutton and put them together in the same lighting situations. You will then be able to assess the situation much better once you see them through the 5 different lighting conditions of a home. And you will want to include your choice of counter top at some point (very soon).

• Nina
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks! i am afraid of that clash! what color cabinet do you think WO
    ULD work with the sutton? which of the browner maple colors would be a better match? I prefer a medium tone. I cant seem to find a good match in the dura supreme line (which is what my contractor works with). we also considered the flooret kingswood color.

• Nina
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

also, I was thinking a simple light quartz countertop. I don't have the exact color but something creamy and not too busy

• SJ McCarthy
    hace 4 años

Look to the COUNTER TOP colours and undertones to HELP with the floor colour. This is the simplest way to get a kitchen to come together without the help of a designer. If the counters are 'creamy' you will need to figure out if the undertones are yellow, peach, pink or orange. You will then go floor shopping to find a floor that will mimic those undertones. You don't have to go 'white' but you will need to get everything into the right undertones.

If you have decided on the floor colour, you will then work upwards. You will need to pick the cabinets that work the BEST with the flooring (ignore your 'wish' and go with what is a visual match) and then find the counter top that offers a great accent to BOTH products.

You will be AMAZED at how much darker a cabinet 'looks' once it has been installed. A mid-toned cabinet (which is MUCH LIGHTER than what you have chosen) will turn a step or three darker once installed. Especially if you have a light-midtone floor and a super-light counter top (yes...I said super light).

Mid-toned flooring (the Sutton is a light-midtone) will DARKEN a space. A mid-toned cabinet (your choice is DARK) will then turn DARKER because the floors have DARKENED the space. And if you add a super-light counter top, you will ENHANCE the look of the 'darkened' cabinets because you have added CONTRAST!

Ever notice how something like 'chocolate' brown looks DARKER when coupled with SUPER WHITE? That's because the CONTRAST is enhancing the look of BOTH objects. The chocolate colour looks 'almost black' while the white looks SUPER white. They play off of each other.

That's why I suggest working with a LIGHTER (not super light...just lightER) cabinet in the COLOUR tones of your floor (which is quite yellow...with a hint of silver = will READ yellow). Once you have those two working together you can go counter top shopping. And remember the LIGHTER the counter top the MORE you will ENHANCE the depth of colour of the cabinets.

All of this without going 'dark' like your original choice. If you are having a hard time 'seeing' undertones, you will need to take a friend with you (someone who you feel has great taste and is able to 'throw together' an outfit without thinking about it) to help with the coordination. Which means you have to have samples of EVERYTHING with you as you go cabinet/flooring/counter top shopping.

Nina agradeció a SJ McCarthy
  • Nina
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks! That is an excellent set of guidelines for me. I really appreciate your comments!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.