Houzz Logo Print
palmtree308

does the zinc stain...i.e. red wine , water glass stains?

Janet Lavelle
hace 4 años
I read that you cannot use anything but a damp rag on it. Is it a perishable material--like marble? Will it hold up for a family table?
Zinc Round Table WithxBase, Vintage · Más información

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Heaven's Gate Home and Garden, LLC
    hace 4 años

Hi - Thank you for your questions. I have forwarded them to our supplier for answers and I will get back to you as soon as possible, once I hear back. Thank you, Sue

• PRO
    Heaven's Gate Home and Garden, LLC
    hace 4 años

Hi - Here is the reply from our vendor for this table: "Yes, it will stain. We ask customers to always use a coaster, placemats, etc.. Per our terms "We strongly recommend the use of coasters, place mats and trivets under hot and cold items to protect the finish of our items. Some items, such as our waxed tables, will be more susceptible to heat/cold/moisture than others. To achieve the natural look we apply wax only on the surface of the table tops. If coasters are not used, rings will appear on the surface.”

It could hold up as a family table as long as it is cared for correctly."

Zinc is beautiful, but yes, must be protected. I personally have a painted wood table top for my dining room table, that I've had for 20+ years, and have to do the same. I've gotten used to always having placemats on the table to set anything down, other than paper. But, once you get used to protecting it, it becomes 2nd nature.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thank you,

Sue

• PRO
    FandF Design Center
    hace 4 años

We deal with a vendor Grothouse. They have a product line called Anvil. It is a gilded wood finish that uses metal fibers to coat wood surfaces to imitate real metal, because it is made with real metal. The surface can be treated with their exclusive Durata permanent water proof finish. It won't stain or tarnish. It's a great option for someone that may want a metal table top but doesn't want the hassle and maintenance of a real metal top.

Cheers, Patrick

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.