hace 4 años

Such a pretty space.

Storybook Kitchen · Más información

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    Design Moe Kitchen & Bath / Heather Moe designer
    hace 4 años

HI Jenny-

I assume that you are asking about the cabinet color.

These cabinets are painted SW 9126 "Honed Soapstone" with a black glaze that has been almost completely wiped off. (It hangs up in the cracks only.)

Please remember, though, to test this color in your own space before specifying it. As I'm sure that you know, paint colors can look very different from the original color in photos and on computer screens.

Best of luck on your projects-

Heather Moe

• Jenny DeJong
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks so much for your reply. Do you remember the wall color you paired with it. I just love the combination with the would trimmed windows.

• PRO
    hace 4 años

I would love to help you, but I don't have that information in the project file because we custom matched the client's existing wall color. I would recommend that you experiment with the warm whites. (You are looking for that in-between color that looks sort of greige/khaki next to the other whites, but looks almost white when compared to the saturated tans and taupes.)

• Jenny DeJong
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Right, that is exactly what I'm looking for. Looking at SW alabaster, Greek Villa, and Ivory Lace at the moment. Not sure if those are too white though. Am I on the right track?

• PRO
    hace 4 años

HI Jenny,

I'm so sorry but it's hard to say without actually being in the space. Besides the amount of natural light, and which cardinal direction that light is coming from, we also need to see the other surfaces of the room and what colors they might be reflecting onto the new paint.

So I would recommend that you do what I would do with a client: I would buy samples of the paint and then paint them onto pieces of drywall that are at least 24 x 24. (Bigger is even better.) Then I would carry the samples around and see how the different colors look in the space.

The advantage of using pieces of drywall (instead of the wall itself) is threefold. You don't have any interference with color that might be already on the walls, you can move the color samples around to different places in the room, and you can put 2 sample colors right next to each other without any other color in between.

One more thing: to get the color sample right, do at least 2 coats on the sample boards. It may seem crazy to be so picky with the samples, but the paint color doesn't really develop until it saturates the surface.

Have fun!

• Jenny DeJong
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks for your help. Your suggestions don't seem crazy at all. I was not happy at all with my paint choices for my last house so I know how challenging it can be. Trying to get it right this time. Thanks again. You do beautiful work.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.