Houzz Logo Print
alvan1

Is this floor stain color (going to be) right?

alvan1
hace 4 años

We had recently refinished our main floor, then very soon after, had a window we replaced and it affected the wood floor, so they had to refinish just the area in the living room. I was told because it had all just been stained so recently that a match, even on an open floor plan would be very doable.

I’ve attached a pic of the 1st layer of stain (not sure if there is another!) and no sealant yet. The part of the image closest to the camera is the color we are matching (brown walnut-y) and the more matte in the main area is the area being worked on. I know it’s the early stages, but it looks like it has much more black in the stain. Is this something that may be corrected during the next stages? I’m not sure that the supervisor is always out watching his subs and before anyone puts any topcoats down I want to know if it truly needs a color adjustment or if it’s something that is in route to being correct and I just don't understand the process of the color transition. Any guidance is appreciated! THX!

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    My Beautiful Floor .com
    hace 4 años

Check the site of the National Wood Flooring Association NWFA.org. You might be able to get some expert advice from real hardwood flooring pros. Worth shot.

• cat_ky
    hace 4 años

It doesnt match now, but, if they put on another coat, it might. I guess, it is sort of wait and see. If it doesnt, tell them you want the whole floor redone. The sealer will also change the color a bit.

• PRO
    Oak & Broad
    hace 4 años

Great advice from SJ . I cant believe Houzz hasn't made you a full time contributor somehow.

• alvan1
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you for all of the feedback! The floors turned out well. The shade is a hiccup off, but the area restained is also int he direct sun (we're in blazing Florida) and they will likely lighten a bit. I am a stickler and I don't notice the shade variance unless I look for it. So I think it turned out to be an overall success :)

Regarding the window after the floor timing, we have had an unusual circumstance in that the window leaked, we had it "Fixed" (or so we thought) and fixed the floors and everything and then they leaked again right after and we had to do it all over again. Our contractor didn't test the windows after install. It was a faulty window issue so our insurance co is having to go after the window company for 2 complete repairs. I'm just grateful they covered the repair. We have 2 boys with autism and had to move out for each repair. Ugh. They didn't handle it well. BUT, we're almost done! Thanks again everyone!

• SJ McCarthy
    hace 4 años

So glad this worked out for you! As for the autists in the family, I am SOOOOO aware about how that works! My advice...lots of 'deep breathing' (it works REALLY well if you can get them to do it with you. It turns out it is one of my son's tools in his anxiety tool chest). I like to take the 'long view' of things. It's the only way I can keep my sanity sometimes ;-P

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.