Houzz Logo Print
jade_davis90

Extension advice with Plans

Jade Davis
hace 4 años

I have attached the current plan, and 2 x proposed plans from our architect. Our aim is to make an open plan kitchen diner living area, a bigger bathroom (ideally to fit a wet room shower next to a bath or separate bath and shower), and a small single room big enough for a child.

Before receiving plans I was unity suggested a design on here with a central patio to allow a bedroom next to the current bedroom. the patio idea doesn't work ad I feel this is wasted space that I would like to use. I am happy to have the room at the back to allow for a window.

I have attached the look I was trying to achieve (blue furniture plan) it's not totally to scale as it is what I have put together myself. the architect seems to think the bathroom and bedroom would be too crammed/small (apparently single bedrooms have to be a minimum of 8m sq)

I had looked at moving the living area to the back nearer the garden so that even though this is narrower it gives more wall space (currently all but 1 wall is occupied with an indent door or cupboard)

I haven't been offered much in the way of 're jogging things by the architect so wondered if I had missed an idea that someone may notice?

Where is generally best to have the living room?

Comentarios (16)

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.