bernie8395

Floor Plan Dilemma

bernadette spencer
8 de Mayo de 2019
Hello All

Help is desperately needed with this floor plan layout. We don’t want to knock out wall between kitchen and dining room. Budget is tight. Desperately need more space in the kitchen, also need a utility room. Any ideas for creating more space in the loft without doing a loft extension.

Thank you all, your support will be greatly appreciated.

Comentarios (5)

• rinq

Do you have a cellar or is it just a cupboard under the stairs?

And when you say loft you mean the first floor? Not the attic (if there is any)?

• PRO
    Gravel Hill Lighting

Hello Bernadette

Slightly different approach, so I may be way off beam here, but would it be totally out of the question to use the dining room as a kitchen/diner and the kitchen as a utility room?

How would you re-configure if you did a loft space? Move a bedroom up and use that for utility? Also what is under the stairs, could you have a micro utility in there? From personal experience I have found them to be invaluable in tight circumstances!

Hopefully you will find a solution quickly!

• PRO
    Pardon Chambers Architects Ltd

Is a small extension to the kitchen out of the question?

• kwg kwg

Do you have a budget in mind?

Perhaps the wall between the kitchen and dining is not load bearing in which case you wouldn't need a steel beam so it would be cheaper and if it's only a stud wall it would be cheaper to take down and dispose of than bricks? We had a brick wall between dining and kitchen, I thought it was load bearing even though the upstairs had a stud wall. When we pulled the whole lath and plaster ceiling down, the wall was not holding anything up, not even a joist was sitting on it.

• PRO
    Man About The House - The DIY & Odd Job Handyman

Why would you not want to knock the wall out? The only way of gaining a utility room but no more room in the kitchen is to do this. However, you need to move doorways and then walk from the front door with shopping through the lounge the long way to the kitchen.

By knocking the wall down you can have a few layouts that might work:-

If you want all of the above i'd go with this:-

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Al continuar en este sitio o utilizar esta aplicación, acepto que el grupo Houzz pueda utilizar cookies y tecnologías similares para mejorar sus productos y servicios, ofrecerme contenido relevante y personalizar mi experiencia. Saber más.