webuser_671542232

Glass splashback below extractor. which design ?

Richard
8 de Mayo de 2019

Hi.. I've decided on a light grey glass splashback instead of tiles for the wall which will wrap from sink around to the hob.

I'm undecided on how to design the splashback running behind the hob . I've attached photo.

option 1 - run the splashback out from under the unit all the way across so the height is same all way round, leaving a gap between extractor and splashback..to paint... or

option 2 - run splashback out from unit and then run up to meet with and level with both sides of the extractor .

what would you choose? trying to visualise both and can't decide !

not the biggest dilemma I'm sure but interested in what others think

many thanks

Comentarios (4)

• Jonathan
    I would do it like this. Upto the extractor and a little wider than the extractor
  • Daisy England

I’d do the same as Jonathan with a bit of an overlap to protect the walls from grease splatter. .

• PRO
    Mirrorworks, The Antique Mirror Glass Company

Hi there, I would have one single sheet running from the left cupboard side to the oven side & running flush under the extractor. I'm guessing thats an approx area of 1190mm x 650mm (ish) That way you will have one simple easy to clean area, the splash-back won't make the extractor look unbalanced & you won't have any fiddly cut-outs going under the cupboard which might look odd.

• PRO
    Pardon Chambers Architects Ltd

I think I would keep it at one level, that would catch the vast majority of the splashing and then accept the fact I might have to clean/touch up the wall above it on occasion. It also depends on how much cooking you are doing, if you are doing lots of messy cooking you'd probably want to take it to the underside of the extract.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Al continuar en este sitio o utilizar esta aplicación, acepto que el grupo Houzz pueda utilizar cookies y tecnologías similares para mejorar sus productos y servicios, ofrecerme contenido relevante y personalizar mi experiencia. Saber más.