Houzz Logo Print
tracey_conwell

Need to know about windows in metal building

Tracey Conwell
hace 10 años
To install in metal building, Do you have to use special windows? I read somewhere that aluminum and steel cannot touch , is that right?
Sonoma Barn - Rear · Más información

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    MICHAEL HENNESSEY ARCHITECTURE
    hace 10 años
    No need for special windows. We used wood windows with aluminum cladding at the exterior for this building. However, we could have installed standard aluminum windows in this building. The key is to separate the aluminum frame from any structural steel elements to avoid galvanic action. This is simply done with neoprene shims that are typically installed between the aluminum window frame and the structural opening. This creates a 1/4" to 1/2" space between the two different metals.
  • PRO
    Fenstermann LLC
    hace 10 años
    Great stuff Mike, you know your windows. Have you seen the German products?? I am sure you could appreciate the quality of windows really made IN Germany. www.fenstermann.com
  • PRO
    MICHAEL HENNESSEY ARCHITECTURE
    hace 10 años
    I'm working with a Swiss aluminum product right now in SF. Very impressive. Thanks for sending your website link. I'm always a proponent of German engineering. Take care.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.