Houzz Logo Print
cathymca

Colors for shutters and front door

cathymca
hace 5 años

We're thinking of changing the colors of our exterior. The house next door has black shutters and door so although I like the look we want to consider different color scheme. Any suggestions?

Comentarios (13)

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    hace 5 años

Charcoal grey or navy would look great with your brick and creamy trim.

• PRO
    Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
    hace 5 años

I like the two offered suggestions. Go with your gut....you can always change it.

• chloebud
    hace 5 años

Something like BM Tarrytown Green can work nicely with brick.

• PRO
    Paintzen, Inc.
    hace 5 años

Hi there!

You should whitewash the brick for a rustic look with character. From there, you can play around with color on the shutters - a dark green or blue would really pop! PPG's "Admirality" or "Nightwatch" would be my top suggestions.

Meghan

• houssaon
    hace 5 años

Here are some colors from Benjamin Moore.

I'm pretty sure I used Stuart Gold on my front door. I get lot of compliments.

• houssaon
    hace 5 años

Here is a green.

• chloebud
    hace 5 años

I like the Tarrytown, houssaon. I also like the Old Navy and Cheating Heart.

• emmarene9
    hace 5 años

I would keep the red door but go for a softer look with the shutters. I used a gray green.

• chloebud
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

This is Tarrytown Green on my brother's brick colonial (shutters and door). The brick's a bit different, but I think Tarrytown would work nicely with the OP's house, too.

• houssaon
    hace 5 años

Tarrytown is a classic. I like it too.

• cathymca
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and recommendations! I really appreciate it!

• PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    hace 4 años

Consider painting the porch framing a whiter white because the frames of your windows show and are a bright white, which you cannot change. But to have the 2 whites makes the porch trim look grim. The shutter color choices offered above are great. Choose what YOU like best, or look for your own ideas.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.