Houzz Logo Print
blakez15

This garden is stunning!

blakez15
hace 4 años
I have been carrying around this picture for about 2-3 years. Because I was sidelined by cancer I'm only now able to think about finishing our backyard. I love the Belgard pavers and the fire pit. My question is what was the BTUs used for the fire pit? I want a natural looking fire. We live near Mt Hood in Oregon. The fire pit will be located on the hardscape below the eating area of the deck. Thank you so much!!
Backyard Renovation · Más información

Comentarios (8)

• blakez15
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thankyou. We have propane (a 500 gal tank). Does using propane make a difference in the BTUs that are needed to get the same flame, if that makes sense. My husband had a bit of a knee jerk reaction. He was thinking far less BTUs would be sufficient but I really want a natural real looking fame.

• PRO
    Alderwood Landscape Architecture and Construction
    hace 4 años

Hello, One consideration for propane is it is heavier than air so it's important to make sure there a low point for the propane to settle away from patio area if it's left on by accident. Yes, I believe you will get a similar flame to propane.

blakez15 agradeció a Alderwood Landscape Architecture and Construction
  • blakez15
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you. Yesterday I went to a dealer and saw one of Belgard's fire pits that looks like the one in your pictures at the house in Medina. It's already made, is 47 inches, but is wood burning. I really liked it and wonder if it can be converted to propane. When you say your fire pits can burn up to 450,000 BTUs, are those ones you custom make? For that fire pit, do you know how many BTUs are needed to get a natural looking flame?

• blakez15
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I did call Belgard about the conversion to propane issue. He's going to have someone call me back who would know that and what would be needed technically to make that happen. I liked yours because it would go well with the pavers. Thank you again for all your help.

• PRO
    hace 4 años

Hello, We work with a mechanical gas contractor/mason for our fire pits and yes our fire pits are custom made depending on project and budget. On some instances, fire pits can be ordered/purchased with fire rings. Yes, generally, fire pits can be ordered/installed for gas or propane. Thank you for your questions.

• blakez15
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you for being so patient. Can you build them like the Belgard using their stone or similar appropriate stone that can handle propane with a fire ring and we could install the propane? I'm sorry I sound ignorant about this but I'm frustrated with what I see online. You mentioned your fire pits could go up to 250,000 BTUs with the proper 1.25 gas line. Are they initially built to handle that and we work with a gas contractor here or is that something you have to do?

• PRO
    hace 4 años

Yes, you may construct using Belgard products and it will work for gas/propane fire pits. You may work with your selected gas contractor for the install of the gas line, connections to the gas meter and installation and the fire ring.

blakez15 agradeció a Alderwood Landscape Architecture and Construction
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.