arielle_vankirk

How to cutely decorate bar

Arielle Vankirk
7 de Abril de 2019
última modificación:7 de Abril de 2019

I have a bar under this “window sill” and I’m trying to find decor ideas to make this area more lively. Not necessarily feeling how it looks now but not sure what to do with it

Comentarios (7)

• ilikefriday

Can you post a photo?

• Arielle Vankirk

Thought it posted sorry!

• ilikefriday

Something that I notice is that all the items are approximately the same height. It would be more interesting if they were varying heights. Hard to give good suggestions without seeing a larger section of the wall but I also think it would be more appealing if you got rid of BAR.

• calidesign

Since you want to use it as a bar, it doesn't need any "decorations". Remove everything, and just place a large tray on the buffet, with glasses and an ice bucket.

• PRO
    Design Intervention

I'm not sure where that "window" opening goes to or how high it is since the picture is cut off......but if it is not a really relevant opening you could have hanging wine glass holders made for the space and then have it actually look like a real bar. The attached one give you an idea of concept but you would want them made of a material that goes with your decor.

https://www.wayfair.com/kitchen-tabletop/pdp/trent-austin-design-bernardo-rustic-luxe-tiered-wall-mounted-wine-glass-rack-trnt4426.html

• partim

Have a piece of glass, granite etc. cut to the size of the bar top, so that you can put wet glasses etc on it without damaging the surface, and remove the table cloth. You could add another piece of the same material on the ledge.

It would look appealing if most of the items on the bar were functional, such as a tray, cocktail shaker, wine decanter, ice bucket and tongs etc. Could you mount a wine glass rack from side to side in the space? Or even hang one like this?

• PRO
    Joy Street Design

Here is a bar we designed for a client of ours. Note the decor around it? Perhaps adding shelves in the window area would allow you to display what you have and make it look more cohesive.

Den Renovation · Más información

Den Renovation · Más información

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Al continuar en este sitio o utilizar esta aplicación, acepto que el grupo Houzz pueda utilizar cookies y tecnologías similares para mejorar sus productos y servicios, ofrecerme contenido relevante y personalizar mi experiencia. Saber más.