Houzz Logo Print
webuser_88558968618260583774414497

Window trim dilemma

Sue K
hace 5 años

Anybody interested in window trim? My husband thinks this window is not trimmed out properly-he doesn't like the wide "boring" piece in the middle. The contractor is willing to do something else, but I can't figure out what to request. Ideas?

Comentarios (9)

• echviola
    hace 5 años
    That’s the way our windows are trimmed out; we have a 1930 Dutch colonial and all the windows have the wide piece in between. Looks proper to me. Good luck!
    Sue K agradeció a echviola
  • elunia
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

What about placing the casing back-to-back? Might need a filler strip to make it wide enough.

Sue K agradeció a elunia
  • Sue K
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Beth, yes! These are great, thanks so much.

• PRO
    toddinmn
    hace 5 años

It should match your other windows .

Sue K agradeció a toddinmn
  • houssaon
    hace 5 años

It should match your other windows. I like Beth's examples. Do it on all of the windows. It will look great.

Sue K agradeció a houssaon
  • PRO
    Peter B. Rice & Co
    hace 5 años

Wider trim will require a new window sill so the whole trim assembly gets remade. Is this the only window that was installed? If the flat trim in between the windows is the major eyesore you could replace it with a beaded trim. This would have to be done with a router. Not usually an off the shelf piece of trim.

Sue K agradeció a Peter B. Rice & Co
  • Sue K
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

@PeterBRice, there is another window. Will post a shot when I get home. It seems to me that this double window needs more trim-they've got something for a single window. I agree we could ask for beaded trim but I think it doesn't solve the proportion problem. The casing is too skimpy. You're right, I'm into having to replace the window sill and everything.

• Sue K
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

All, I appreciate the feedback. You guys are so smart.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.