Houzz Logo Print
webuser_21289340

Can PVCu bargeboard be painted?

Coldwater
hace 5 años
We have rosewood bargeboards which we would like to replace. They look horrible against our PVCu white windows. They're in good condition though so could they be painted rather than replaced to save money? Does anyone have experience of this?

Comentarios (5)

• Nate218
    hace 5 años
    I have used this product on exterior pvc window frames, with outstanding results: http://www.zinsseruk.com/product/allcoat-exterior/
    It can go straight on to pvc with no primer required (just a wipe down with methylated spirit), and you won't need more than 2 coats.
    I painted my window frames 3 years ago and they are still as good now as the day I did them.
    This product is also available tinted to any colour, if you have a particular colour that you want to paint your bargeboards. Just ask at your local paint shop.
  • Ribena Drinker
    hace 5 años

Nate thank you so much for the info, we have a single upvc window frame that doesn't match the rest of the house's wooden window frames which are a RAL colour, This will be ideal for us!

• PRO
    Pro-coat painting
    hace 5 años
    Yes you need kolorbond, look them up great paint specially designed for upvc and offers a 10 guarantee no flaking, fading ect
  • Coldwater
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thank you for your advice! I will definitely look into these as an option.
  • PRO
    Novitas Decorators Ltd
    hace 5 años

Use Allcoat. Can be purchased at most independent shops. Just make sure you clean downn the plastic beforehand

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.