Houzz Logo Print
havanalstyne

pendant poll! please vote!

havanalstyne
hace 5 años
Ok; I’ve gotten some feedback on island pendants; I’ve narrowed it down to three.

Two pendants over quartzite island.
Ceiling will be painted white
Appliances are stainless
Hardware hasn’t been selected

Thank you!

Comentarios (15)

• User
    hace 5 años

Ooh, nice choices. Depends on the vibe you want. To me the round globe on a chain (first pendant) suggests a sort of "Madmen" vibe. (It appears as a half globe until I click on the image and then it's a whole globe). The black and white Dawn pendant (second photo) looks classically modern in a schoolhouse way. The square lantern pendant (third photo) looks traditionally classic, a contemporary take on Antique. Honestly, I like them all with your ceiling treatment, the variation in color of the white main cabinets and black island cabinetry, the overall white of the kitchen, and the crown. Leaning toward #1 or #2 which seem to project the most personality. Beautiful kitchen. Let us know what you decide.

• PRO
    Pearl Remodeling
    hace 5 años

I chose Gold/Brass just because it is so trendy now, I actually liked #3 better but they seem a bit large for that island.

• groveraxle
    hace 5 años

• User
    hace 5 años

Groveraxle, you're the best. Leaning even more toward the globes now. :-)

• fissfiss
    hace 5 años
    Square pendants can really be a pain to get perfectly square to each other...round is so much easier!
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 5 años

I like grover's first pendant, but I like it in the black/silver color that's in pic 2. Maybe a silver chain with top of the globe done in black w/the nickel trim. something like that.

Unless you're doing gold hardware in the kitchen. then the gold one is fine.

• PRO
    Tetrachrome Design, LLC
    hace 5 años

I chose the 3rd pendant -- I think it's a natural fit with your ceiling. Lovely remodel! Post a finished photo when it's completed!

• havanalstyne
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thank you for the input and mock ups! I am leaning toward the globes as well, with a silver chain. I will post a photo when the project is complete.
  • mcpherson007
    hace 5 años

Grover You are the Best.

• PRO
    Door Corner
    hace 5 años

We voted for the the second one! Add some dark cabinet hardware against the white and it will pull it all together. Good luck!

• K Laurence
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I like the globes with silver. I prefer simplicity. I think the third option would be a PITA to keep clean.

• havanalstyne
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    I am also thinking of white washing/pickling the ceiling instead of painting white.
  • J J
    hace 5 años
    Beautiful!
  • Toronto Veterinarian
    hace 5 años

If you get a fixture with an upward arc (i.e. opens at the top), it will catch all the dust, particulates, and dead bugs you never knew were there,and will be hard to clean. I can't tell from the image whether the third pendants are open at the top and bottom, or just at the top. I prefer the look of option #2, but I thought I'd mention this "gem" I discovered over the years.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.