Houzz Logo Print
mountaintweedy

picture/painting

mountaintweedy
hace 5 años
I am really not sure why anyone would hang a picture with that type of content (a hanging) in a bedroom talk about inciting nightmare....or for that matter in a house.... I honestly find it offensive .... I know...my own opinion...and to each their own .... but it is published on a public site ... so if you can post yours as can I ....
Eclectic Bedroom · Más información

Comentarios (5)

• Victor Wilson
    hace 5 años
    I agree. Why would you do that
  • PRO
    Jamie House Design
    hace 5 años

The art collector who's home this is has a special relationship with the artist and loves this powerful piece. The artist has drawn this depiction in response to his feelings about the treatment of People of Color in the United States. Notice the depiction isn't disrespectful to the victim but shows the hate and anger on the faces of the white men. Artists intend for their art to invoke feelings as this has done in you. And it's not your home so no one's making you sleep there. I'm sure the homeowner wouldn't choose to sleep in your bedroom either.

• Victor Wilson
    hace 5 años
    The beauty of art is that it will solicit different emotional feelings and interpretation based on the content and subject matter. Being a person of color, art historian and oil painter the picture did strike a cord. Not that the painting was making a statement about the heinous act of blacks or people of color being lynched because the person being hung did not look black but that the hanging was being embraced. Interesting interpretation isn’t it.

And yes the owner of this painting would love to sleep in my bedroom
  • mountaintweedy
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Jamie House Design
    As I was reading your response to my comment, I was hearing what you were saying and appreciating the reason why the owner may have liked this particular piece ..... but then your comment lost all credibility as did your professionalism with your last comment
  • maewest08
    hace 5 años

That's some artwork over the bed! As they say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" but what "beauty" is seen here really makes me wonder about the beholder! I'm not sure as a designer I would be able to go along with this, but if one wants/needs to get paid...I guess. I don't know. I would have suggested another piece of art to the client.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.