Houzz Logo Print
snooopy34

Need help placing sink in countertop vanity.

snooopy34
hace 5 años
última modificación:hace 5 años

Hi there!

I'm having trouble trying to figure out how much space to have behind the sink to the back wall. I know we want 3" between the front of the sink and the edge of the countertop, but it's the back that confuses me. How much should the wall spout come out?

Countertop overhang will be 3/4". We are getting a custom vanity so we can choose the depth we want.

We have an in wall faucet from California Faucets that will extend 8 1/16" to 8 5/16" long:

http://www.calfaucets.com/product/single-handle-vessel-lavatory-wall-faucet-trim-only-to-v6202-7

http://www.calfaucets.com/files//product/documents/CF-TO-V6202-X_sp_160701.pdf

We are getting the Waterworks Clara sink :

https://www.waterworks.com/us_en/clara-undermount-rectangular-vitreous-china-lavatory-sink-single-glazed-20-1-16-x-14-1-8-x-8-cylv20

Second, if we decide to tile the wall or have a short backsplash, how does it affect anything?

Thanks!

Comentarios (8)

• PRO
    Peter B. Rice & Co
    hace 5 años

How deep is your vanity cabinet? 21" or 24"? Is the sink undermount? Generally the faucet head (where the water comes out) should be centered over the drain. The spec for the sink appears to read 3-7/8" from the center of drain to edge of sink. Use that and the depth of your vanity to work backwards from there. Create a sketch or better yet lay it out full scale on a piece of cardboard. My quick calculation says there will be 4-1/4" between the sink and the wall. This may leave you with wider than 3" counter across the front. But your control number is the length of the faucet.

• wdccruise
    hace 5 años

Just for fun, I looked at a bunch of no-hole wall-mount sinks on build.com. These are designed for use with a wall-mounted faucet. In nearly all cases, the distance from the back of the sink to the rear edge of the basin was about 5-1/8". -- amateur

• kudzu9
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Centered over drain is pretty standard. However, I always want to make sure there is also enough room to get my head under the faucet, which means having it high enough and/or adjusting its position relative to the front of the sink.

• Brittney E
    hace 5 años

Do a drawing with all the math so that they faucet is close to being centered over the drain - I had to do the same thing and made an excel spreadsheet so I could calculate what was needed.

• kudzu9
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Lawrence-

I'm not sure that there is an issue with having a "big gap on the wall." Here are my wall-mount faucets from a recent remodel and I think they look fine:

In fact, I would have mounted them even a little higher if I wouldn't have had the existing medicine cabinet to contend with.

• wdccruise
    hace 5 años

@kudzu9: The questioner's sinks are undermount and she says she wants to be able to put her head under the faucet. Your bowls hide the gap and she wouldn't be able to stick her head under the faucet.

• kudzu9
    hace 5 años

I know her sinks are undermount. Your observation is still immaterial. The dimensional relationships and functionality are all adjustable. Just because my sinks are pedestal style doesn't matter; if they were undermount, the faucets could be lower and the appearance would still be fine.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.