Houzz Logo Print
rjncook

Worst Closet Installers!

Julia Cook
hace 5 años
I made contact with Lee Goldsticker, inventor of the ROTAS 360° organizer In August 2018, after Dream Closet, a franchisee of lazy Lee and formerly owned by Jeremy Turner, left me stranded with two 1/2 completed Master closets, the skeleton of a mud room and 3/4 completed pantry.
I was so excited when Lee drove 3 hours from Miami with his foreman Alex, to Sarasota Florida, to look at my project. Initially I only asked him to install the Lazy Lee units of which I had three in the master closet‘s - 2 Women’s Dreams, one valet, and one smaller pantry unit.
When Lee came to my house he was like a knight in shining armor and was going to save the day!... Lee said that “he did not want Jeremy to tarnish his company name”. Lee insisted that he could finish the entire project rather than just installing the Lazy Lee units.
I gave him a deposit and he ordered the 3 Lazy Lee units For the master units, New islands for both closets including drawers, benches and tops with rounded edges.
In September he came and installed the 3 Lazy Lee units, the shell for the islands - The wrong drawers and tops for the islands. I said don’t worry, he would sort it all out and make sure it was done correctly when they returned.
We didn’t order the ordered the cabinet doors, drawer fronts, handles, belt racks, tie racks, Valet rods, trim and moldings for the rest of the project. At this point I paid him all but the last $2000 that I was invoiced for the project, he insisted he needed the money to cover the cost of all that he was ordering. He told me he would have the project completed by mid October at the latest.
Now, at the end of January, After a multitude of excuses, rescheduling and canceled trips and shoddy craftsmanship, he has informed me that he does not intend to complete the project.
He does not have any of the ordered doors, drawer fronts, Crown molding, trim, scarf closet, or 3 mirrors for the doors in the master, which he had said he ordered in September.

I treated Lee and his crew so well, I cooked them meals for lunch and dinner and Sunday breakfast for four days in a row so that Lee would not have the burden of having to pay for their food at a restaurant.

So here I sit 6 Months later. With all my money gone and my closet, Mud Room and Pantry... still not completed.

If you meet the smooth talking Lee Goldsticker, do yourself a favor and run the other way!
Phoenix Home · Más información

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    Dream Closets, Inc
    hace 5 años

Dear Julia. Dream Closets, Inc. is an independently owned company in North Carolina that only services North Carolina, southern Virginia and northern South Carolina. We are not a franchise and have no affiliation with Lazy Lee other than we have purchased and installed his Rotas 360 on a couple of our jobs. I'm happy to say the Dream Closets you worked with in Florida has no connection to our company. I can't imagine how you must feel about your experience. Rest assured, we would never treat a customer in this manner.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.