Houzz Logo Print
webuser_674251608

interior help for front entrance! :)

brandy macdonald
hace 5 años
Hello, this may look familiar to some of you. I replaced the vertical blinds with curtains. This is my front entrance room (standing at the front door), as we just moved in and need to buy some more furniture and decor. What ideas do you all have for this space?? Will be painting the light blue “realist beige by SW. It’s like a cool greige..

Comentarios (12)

• cpaul1
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

That's a large entry way, you have some options. I don't know what's behind Curtain #4, but I would remove the curtains and hang the same blinds it looks like you have in the rest of the rooms. I would put down an area rug. I don't know the style of your home, but for me I would put down an animal hide. Then I would remove the couch and instead put two chairs there with a small table in between on top of the hide. I would put a piece of furniture on the wall to the left when you walk in with a lamp on it and a decorative object or interesting mirror hanging over it. And then I would hang a very large piece of neutral colored art on the wall where the couch is now. I am personally not a fan of wall niches, I find them dated, so I would dry wall over that niche.

• PRO
    Mafi International Rugs
    hace 5 años

You definitely need a rug in the area! An entry way table, lamp, and some small decor items would look really nice here as well.

• artistsharonva
    hace 5 años

• artistsharonva
    hace 5 años

Foyers with high ceiling & angles can be a challenge. Might be a nice gift for you to try an interior designer for that space.

Need some big scale items for that room.

Whats your style?

• PRO
    YH Designs
    hace 5 años

Hey, cute space. First of all, start by removing the curtains. It is not pleasant to walk in your front door and see a dark room, even though you open the curtains it's not as beautiful as a naked brightened window. Concerning the fan, I would honestly like to hang a very minimalist chandelier and directly under it a round rug. As for the left wall (standing on the front door), it would be nice if you display a long vintage wooden console to grab your keys and stuff when leaving and a chair from either side. I think it will be perfect. And not to forget to remove the sofa on the right.

• Lil S
    hace 5 años

Is this a large foyer or a living room? Are those sliding doors or windows? Do you need them covered for privacy?

• brandy macdonald
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thanks for all your advice. as to the curtains, they are mostly there for privacy, behind is a glass sliding door facing backyard with neighbors and we get a lot of sunlight so the room would also be hot otherwise. Upon moving in, vertical blinds were in place & looked a bit outdated. Agree with area rug, replacing sofa and adding a chandelier!
    Leaning towards modern farmhouse btw..

Thanks for all of your advice :)
  • User
    hace 5 años

What about something like this?

It's doable with the right size table and no sofa...

Replace your ceiling fan with an appropriate chandelier and the foyer light with the same as the chandelier but in semi flush mount...

You could do a sisal rug (I would do a round one, and I like the binding on this one...)

• Hansen
    hace 5 años

Great space, love the angles. Do you want entry panache or storage? I think wooden shutters would be great on the sliding door. Here are my suggestions. I love a mirror in the entry.

• arcy_gw
    hace 5 años

I am not sure we understand the space in your picture. Is it all entry way are the fan and couch area the living room? Area rugs would define what is entry and what is living space. I might turn the couch so it's back creates a "wall" for the living space. If it is just an entry way, hall/walk through not sure the privacy is need to the point of the curtains. Maybe a schematic of the entire floor plan would help.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 5 años

The cutains look like sheets hanging on the window if heat and UV rays are the big issue then install solar shades maybe on the outside then get nice full drapes that can be closed and still have fullness for nightime privacy.This space cries out for a piano or maybe 4 chairs and a library feel it certainly is not an entry space . Some better newer lighting is needed for sure and some pics of the rest of your spaces is really needed.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.