Houzz Logo Print
laurka_i

Massive double sink

Lorka Lorka
hace 5 años
Anyone have a 42 or 43 inch double kitchen sink? Do you like it or is it too big? Pics are a bonus! Thanks

Comentarios (7)

• PRO
    A Direct Cabinet Distributor Corp
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Standardly speaking, that is a massive sink. Once you get into those widths, you will generally see triple bowls. Just because the cabinet size to HOUSE that sink would have to be 45" or 48" which isn't common in a stock cabinetry line (They usually max out at 42" wide).

Now of course, this doesn't mean it's not possible. But it is just not common enough where you may find other homeowners with the same type of set up.

• Twosit4me
    hace 5 años

Just wondering why you would want a sink that large?

• Lorka Lorka
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    I keep Kosher and would like one for meat and one for dairy
  • NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    hace 5 años

Would it make sense to instead have two slightly separated sinks in the same way you have two sets of dishes, etc.? That would save you the cost of an especially wide cabinet, though plumbing would be a bit more.

• PRO
    Anthony Perez
    hace 5 años

I think that is a very large sink, and really not necessary, in addition you maybe using too much precious counter space, I would recommend a model on the 36 to 32" range with the integrated cutting board and strainer that if needed, can be remove if more space is required

the attached picture is a 32" model

• PRO
    Anthony Perez
    hace 5 años

• PRO
    A Direct Cabinet Distributor Corp
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

We've done many Kosher kitchens. What we find is that the homeowners either choose two seperate sinks completely (if their kitchen can accomodate it), or they'll get as large of a sink base as they can and get a double bowl. Standardly speaking though, you'll be getting a 39" sink for a 42" sink base. You can see a KRAUS option below:

[https://www.houzz.com/products/kraus-39-inch-undermount-50-50-kitchen-sink-prvw-vr~127215518?lid=24125002[(https://www.houzz.com/products/kraus-39-inch-undermount-50-50-kitchen-sink-prvw-vr~127215518?lid=24125002)

MORE COMMON is a 36" wide sink base to accomodate the variety of 32" wide double bowl sinks out there.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.