Houzz Logo Print
jim_s64

Designer's Choice Cabinetry vs Tedd Wood

Jim Sirianni
hace 5 años

Does anyone have any recent experience with the Designer's Choice?

From what I read online the reviews were less then desirable with this particular cabinet maker. However I saw that they were acquired in 2016 by the same firm that owns Tedd Wood. We were looking at the Tedd Wood line however our original quote came in much higher then we wanted to spend. They said a way to cut the costs could be to look at the Designer's Choice instead.

Considering the amount of cabinets that we need I want to be sure we get a cabinet that will last without sending us to the poor house.

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    A Direct Cabinet Distributor Corp
    hace 5 años

I'm sorry to say that I do not sell or have experience with either. But Tedd Wood Inc's reviews on HOUZZ seem promising:

https://www.houzz.com/pro/teddwoodfinecabinetry/tedd-wood-inc

I am not able to find a Designer's Choice HOUZZ profile page. I would assume they were a smaller company, that didn't have a department or person for social media aspects of the brand.

• Jim Sirianni
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Both companies are owned by the same capital firm. I was hoping someone had experience with either of these two cabinet makers.

• PRO
    A Direct Cabinet Distributor Corp
    hace 5 años

Yes, I know. But no one has answered you in 2 days, so I figured I'd help bump it up with participation :) Good luck!

• PRO
    Duncan's Creative Kitchens
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I believe Designer's Choice and Tedd Wood are run as two separate companies so the experience/quality of one has no bearing on the other. I've handled Designer's Choice off and on over the years. It is a line for the budget -conscious, and I definitely have conversations with clients about expectations. For what it is, Designer's Choice is a dependable line of cabinetry. However, it does have it's limits and is not for every client I work with. For instance, if you have a very critical eye, it might not be the correct choice for your project. But if budget is high on your list of priorities, it can work out well - just understand what it is that you are buying.

I don't have any experience with Tedd Wood, but a quick look makes me think that it is at the other end of the quality spectrum from Designer's Choice. I would not think you are making an apples-to-apples comparison there. You might have other brand choices that could get you closer to the quality you desire.

Feel free to contact me privately, and I'm happy to expand on the differences.

Jim Sirianni agradeció a Duncan's Creative Kitchens
  • Jim Sirianni
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

We decided to move on from that kitchen designer so now we are choosing between Wellborn Premiere vs Dura Supreme

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.