Houzz Logo Print
jasmine_best63

fixture change from tube to led bulb

Jasmine Best
hace 5 años

I have this fixture in my bathroom (I took the cover off for the photo) i do not want this tube lighting and now that it's time to change tubes I'm strongly considering just changing the whole fixture. I've noticed that there appears to be a single bracket holding the fixture up. do you think I would be able to change this fixture out for a more conventional vanity light fixture without messingng with the drywall to much. or having to many wire issues.

Comentarios (5)

• Susie .
    hace 5 años
    Yes. That’s most likely the same way any other vanity light will attach.
  • randy427
    hace 5 años

The footprint of the new fixture is likely to be smaller, or at least different, than the current. If the wall in back of this one is not painted the same as the rest you may have some touch-up to do.

• K R
    hace 5 años
    Yes I just did the same thing and it did not require any drywall touch up or painting.
  • mayflowers
    hace 5 años

We just changed ours and I'm glad we did as there was no electrical box in the wall. It could've burned the house down. The hole was bigger than the new light base but there are patch kits for drywall holes.

• PRO
    Bspoke Homes
    hace 5 años

There may be a couple of small holes to repair when you take the existing one down. In general, this style of fluorescent fixture is mounted with a toggle bolt or into a stud. If you take the two existing bulbs out, you will see how it is attached. If the hold downs (Screws/similar) are only in the middle, should be a simple swap with no holes in the wall. If you see that there are hold downs on towards the end of the fixture, you would know there would most likely be a hole to deal with away from the center of the fixture where the Junction Box is. Good Luck.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.