Houzz Logo Print
tcronan40

Sealing grout in shower

tcronan40
hace 5 años
Does the grout in the shower floor need to be sealed?

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    Avanti Tile & Stone / Stonetech
    hace 5 años

I probably would....but bear in mind that this has NOTHING to do with waterproofing. All it does is o make the grout a bit easier to clean.

• Oliviag
    hace 5 años
    sealing the grout is a pita, but it does make cleaning easier. with that pebble floor, you have a lot of grout.
    sesling doesn't last forever... but, i think it's worth it. I also have white grout.
  • tcronan40
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thanks for the replies. It is regarding keeping it easier to clean. The contractor hasn’t mention anything about sealing it.
  • tcronan40
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Also, the grout is actually gray it looks lighter in the picture.
  • PRO
    Bspoke Homes
    hace 5 años

Many modern products do not require sealing. My tile contractor uses Power Grout by Tec which specifically says in the paperwork no sealing required (and it's just as easy to clean). Epoxy based grouts also typically don't require any sealing. Just ask your contractor. If the products they used require sealing. If you aren't satisfied with the answer, just ask what product was used to grout and then look up online whether it specifies no sealing required.

• MongoCT
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

"The contractor hasn’t mention anything about sealing it."

That's because your contractor is smart. He's not REAL smart because of the visible lines in the floor tiles. Only "smart".

Smart contractors leave the sealing to the homeowner.

• Oliviag
    hace 5 años
    bspoke homes has a good point. ehat grout did your contractor use?
  • PRO
    None
    hace 5 años
    May need a cure time
  • PRO
    Creative Tile Eastern CT
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Only one sure way to get the correct response to your question. Call the grout manufacturer directly or go to the website. To advise without knowing which product was used would be irresponsible.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.