Houzz Logo Print
lawsyes

What color trim goes best with SW Wool Skein?

lawsyes
hace 5 años
Building a new house with open floor plan and stairwells. Hoping for help picking a trim color to go with SW Wool Skein, which I am using as my main wall color in common spaces. I read that trim color should be the same throughout the house, so it needs to look good with colors I’m leaning toward for individual rooms. I have a sample pot of BM Simply White, which looks nice, but I would like a little less contrast without looking dingy or yellowy. Individual room colors are BM Paris Rain, Revere Pewter, Wyndham Cream, Proposal and SW Softened Green and Sea Salt. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Comentarios (17)

• PRO
    Freshlook Painting LLC
    hace 5 años
    I am a painting contractor. There are a lot of colors that you could use with that color if you are looking for an off white you could use ben Moore color white dove we use that a lot. Another off white would be SW snowbound. or you could go with an almond, or bone white.
  • lawsyes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thank you! I will get a sample of white dove tomorrow!
  • Irene Morresey
    hace 5 años
    Alabaster is great as shown in pic as trim and walls painted wool skein
  • lawsyes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thanks Irene, I have read Alabaster can be tricky with some other colors, but I will get a sample and paint some poster board
  • ishop19
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I was going to say SW Alabaster too, but I’m not sure with Wyndham Cream, but only because I’m not familiar with that color.

Regarding buying a sample, I’m sorry to complicate things, but SW alabaster samples are tricky for a couple reasons. One is it doesn’t divide evenly from gallon to quart for sampling so your sample color won’t match the actual paint used. Another is, the SW sample paint is a different base white than the trim paint you would use, so again it wouldn’t match. Also, the sheen affects the look of the color. To paint a true sample of SW alabaster you have to get it in a gallon of whichever SW paint type and sheen you would be using. I learned this the hard way with this color, but confirm at the SW store yourself!

• lawsyes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thanks, ishop, those are all good points I hadn’t thought of.
  • A
    hace 5 años

We did SW wool skein with SW dover white trim.

• athomeeileen
    hace 5 años

I have wool skein with dover white trim also.

• lawsyes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thanks A and Athomeeileen, I’ll be sure to try dover white as well.
  • lawsyes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thanks, Decoenthusiaste, that’s a lovely combination.
  • PRO
    Freshlook Painting LLC
    hace 5 años
    just call sherwin Williams they have decorators that will come out to help its 75 bucks but 50 of it you get back for paint. then you can call us freshlook to paint. lol
  • lawsyes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Fresh Look Painting, Best idea yet and I’m calling tomorrow!
  • jdriver33
    hace 5 años
    I used SW snowbound with wool skein.
  • ANGELA TOLLY
    hace 5 años

i currently have Wool Skein in kitchen with Dover White trim-semi gloss, but really like Alabaster!

• ishop19
    hace 5 años

lawsyes,

What color dId You choose?

• lawsyes
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Ishop19, sorry just saw this. I chose bm white dove for most of house,s trim and switched to bm simply white in a couple separate rooms where it needed to be crisper
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.