Houzz Logo Print
dakotacharm

White cabinet

dakotacharm
hace 5 años
could you please tell me the paint color of the white cabinets and trim? Do you think these shades of white and gray would look good with stained darker oak flooring?
Kitchen & Dining Room Makeover · Más información

Comentarios (18)

• PRO
    Simply Beautiful Eating
    hace 5 años

Hi!

The cabinet colour is Benjaim Moore CC20 - Decorators White. I have used it throughout the house and in fact in the upper leve I have it paired with an oak floor. It looks fabulous!

dakotacharm agradeció a Simply Beautiful Eating
  • dakotacharm
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

oh my goodness, thank you for your quick reply. it looks gorgeous. I know our cabinets that we are ordering can match any Sherwin Williams colors, but I never asked about Ben Moore. Hope they can match those also. I have been looking for white cabinets, with a gray island and brass hardware and you absolutely nailed it! What a gorgeous job! Finding a good white has been a bit daunting for me. :) Thank you for your quick reply!!

• PRO
    Simply Beautiful Eating
    hace 5 años

My pleasure!

• dakotacharm
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

hi again! I am going with Decorators White on cabinets and trim with the island in hale navy. all hardware will be brass. I need a wall color in the adjacent dining room and hallway to the kitchen. Any ideas for a light gray or something like you have here?

• PRO
    Simply Beautiful Eating
    hace 5 años

I’m in love with my gray. It took me furerver to find it. It’s BenAmin Moore 1472 silver chain (75%less saturation) enjoy!

• dakotacharm
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

I'm sorry for not understanding. so when I ask for a quart to test, should I ask for "Silver Chain, 75% less saturation?" or do I ask them differently?

• dakotacharm
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    I ordered the Decorators White for trim today for our house. I hope it’s going to be ok!! I get nervous when I look at the paint chip and see the blue tint it gives off but I read that it works well with warm and cool colors. I’m thinking of Metropolitan for the master bedroom .....which is a good size and has three windows
    Also just wanted to know what you thought about Paper White for hallways and stairway walls? I’m still thinking of Silver Chain as you suggested or even Stonington. Our ceilings in the hallway are only 8’3. As well as kitchen. So I think my concern is that I don’t want anything to look drab or dingy in the Hall year where there is no natural light. The staircase has one small window walking up. I’m panicking bc painter needs to start so we can be moved in. We have 5 kids and I really hope everything can get done although I know it’s ideal to paint after being in the house. The lighting is not good in there now as we don’t have electrical on the main floor. I feel like I’m choosing blindly. Kitchen cabinets are Extra White and very close in color to Decorators White. Hale Navy Island. Brass hardware and brass island pendants. Medium to dark stained floors throughout. I just need safe colors. Do you think I’m doing ok so far? Or is it too boring??
  • PRO
    Simply Beautiful Eating
    hace 5 años

I think you’re doing fine!! I loved the decorators white because there was no blue undertones at all in it. It’s a nice white that’s very soft. Your colour palate is great. What are going to find is this...the white, navy and brass are going to pop in the kitchen. My kitchen is super muted but that’s because I punch it up with decor items and I like to change it up often. Island styling is a wonderful way to include different colours. I always have a new vase and fresh flowers or seasonal items on there. Another thing I had to do was ensure that my kitchen colours were not too crazy. As a food photographer, I needed a classic background that one wouldn’t focus on instead of me or the food I’m taking pics of. Here’s an example of what I’m talking about. Sounds like you’re on the right track. So Stonington is a lovely grey but I found it to green for my house ...it took me forever to find the perfect grey with no undertone ...silver chain was the winner wishing you all the best....would love to see the finished project ....xo....debi

• dakotacharm
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

you are amazing and so gracious for your kind words and sharing with me so much wisdom from your experience. Do you have an IG account or FB account I can follow! We love food over here and my eaters are not picky, so I'm always wanting to try new things!! I did see the green in Stonington!! I have time for the kitchen and hallway as it's all under construction, so I will get a sample of the Silver Chain and check it out. I will keep my focus on my girls' bedrooms for now until my cabinets come in. :) I love these photos!! Your kitchen looks amazing! I only hope I can come close to it! Thank you for your inspiration. I forgot to mention we are also doing honed marble countertops. I'm so excited!!

• PRO
    Simply Beautiful Eating
    hace 5 años

I do ! You can follow me @simplybeautifuleating !! Just a side note I wanted honed marble and my husband wanted shiny. He won out but my counters are a mess right now because of what I do every day. I have completely destroyed them. Food is always flying all over the place. lol. I know one day I will have to hire someone to come in and hone them (just like I said we should do in the first place).

• dakotacharm
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    That is too funny! My husband wanted granite... he’s afraid we will damage the marble bc it’s softer and more porous. I’m afraid he will say “I told you so!” Hahaha. I just love natural stone like marble (even if it shows our wear and tear and red wine spills.) ;)
  • dakotacharm
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Hi Debi,

I am not often able to make it over to the house we are moving into, due to have some kids at home and some at school. But I know the painters finished all the trim upstairs with Decorators White. What I never thought of, and my husband told me about, is that because the previous owners just replaced the windows with a factory white window, so the jambs and sashes of the windows upstairs are not as white as the Decorators White. Three of the bedrooms with have some soft sheers of some kind I'm sure, or bamboo shades, etc. But this has me worried. Should I have matched the trim to the inside parts of the window? sashes, jambs, grids, etc.

or is it one of those things that the eye won't really pick up on?

• PRO
    Simply Beautiful Eating
    hace 5 años

I have the decorators white throughout the whole walk in closet (I did a makeover in a spare room) all the doors and window trim are white and it makes no difference at all. Same goes for the kitchen. We did the wood trim in the decorators white and the doors to match.

• dakotacharm
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thank you. I haven’t been to the house to see it in person. I’m guessing it looks like Decorators white trim and the insides of the windows and the grids more off white. I’m sure sheets and bamboo shades and white shutters will help to keep them from being focused on.
  • dakotacharm
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    I think we have all the paint colors picked. I LOVE Silver Chain....even in the darker color. So pretty. The hardware store was able to reduce color of Silver Chain by 50% but they couldn’t go down to 75% in a sample size. I love the 50% for my hallway bc it really lacks light. Just wondering if the 75% ever looks light blue or lavender to you bc I may have them just do it in the 75% in the hallway without seeing it first.
  • PRO
    Simply Beautiful Eating
    hace 5 años

That’s great! Not sure why they couldn’t reduce it to 75%?? All they needed to do it adjust the white. This grey is 100% without undertones. No blue. No purple. It should look amazing in any light and saturation. I went with lighter because I wanted to have the decor stand out and not the walls. I used the full grey in my prop room. There is no light down there and it looks great. Enjoy!!

• dakotacharm
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

thank you so much! I 'm not sure why they couldn't do it either, accept that it wasn't a Ben Moore store but a little hardware store and he said the computer wouldn't give him the option, but who knows....anyway, they can reduce the color by 75% in the big gallons, just not the samples....which was a little frustrating. thank you so much, i'm super excited!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.