Houzz Logo Print
webuser_833324672

Kitchen Dilemma

Megan Hodgson
hace 5 años
Hi all, I’m having a slight dilemma for the kitchen of the house that my partner and I will be moving into, we are unable to change the kitchen straight away due to the cost and we are changing the floor to a dark wooden floor. I feel it will clash with the countertops, is there a way to change them for the time being but in a cost effective way? Thank you so much for your help!!

Comentarios (9)

• Carolina
    hace 5 años
    I think the floor and countertop might go well together. The only thing that seems a bit much to me is the backsplash. Maybe change that for glass or tiles. But I’d wait until the floor is in before you decide.
  • E D
    hace 5 años

I guess the cheapest way is to have a laminate worktop.

However, since you have already decided on the flooring, isn’t it sensible to have your flooring laid first and decide on worktop later?

• E D
    hace 5 años

Ah, C beat me to it...

• E D
    hace 5 años

And yes, splashback (or is it backsplash?) may well be more of an issue.

• Megan Hodgson
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thank you so much for your comments! Yes definitely better to decide once we’re in and have changed the floor but definitely a good idea to change the splash back, that will charge the whole look!
  • PRO
    Husk
    hace 5 años

Hello Megan, We offer a material called Fenix which is a laminate, its really durable - anti finger print, craft resistant and very hygienic making it a good surface for worktops. It could have a ply or Mdf base if you wanted to save money and the Fenix comes in a range of colours so you use a lighter one to compliment your darker floor. I've linked website so you can see some examples.

Husk Website

Hope that gives you another helpful option,

Jess

• Megan Hodgson
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Hi Diego, thank you for your comment, I do agree completely! It would be best to change it all at the same time but I think we will have to see how we feel fully once we move in. Thank you :)

• PRO
    User
    hace 5 años

Hi Megan - have you used the Karndean app - it allows you to put a floor covering within your kitchen using these app - will have a good copy of the one you selected - Karndean

have a play this will give you a feel what your kitchen going to look like - is the floor solid wood? have you had this type of floor before? or is it vinyl tiles? - I hate doing anything twice and wasting money! I believe do it right first time saves money in the long term - you can always have your doors and end panels changed! - Hope this helps!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.