hace 5 años
Corian vs quartz countertops?
Most durable?
quartz
corian

Comentarios (8)

• Daisy England
    hace 5 años
    If you damage quartz it is virtually impossible to repair it. With Corian it can be repaired therefore making it more durable.
  • Sonia
    hace 5 años

My friend had Corian as a worktop, upstanding and splashback and she says she’d never have it again. It watermarks badly, even if you mop up the water immediately. It also scratches easily. The kitchen installers actually scratched it when fitting, said they’d come back to polish out the scratches, then went out of business! My son in law‘s business deals with natural stone and he sayes the hardest wearing is dark granite.

• Daisy England
    hace 5 años

We fit Corian and provided it’s fitted correctly there shouldn’t be a problem. We’ve never had one. The downfall with granite is red wine and grease spillage. With so many solid worktop surfaces out there it’s a minefield.

• PRO
    Husk
    hace 5 años

If you go for a product like Neolith, a sintered stone, theres no chance it will stain, its also scratch resistant and you can place hot pans directly down on it whereas quartz you can't do that, so is overall a much more resistant product. If you'd like any more advise on worktops and options feel free to give us a call I'm happy to chat over some options for you.

Contact details linked here

Good luck on your worktop hunt

Jess

• twamleyk
    hace 5 años

We have quartz and I love it, and have found it to be very hardwearing. We've had it in place for two years, and not a scratch or stain to be found. It's true you're not meant to put hot pans on it (though for a minute or so is fine, according to our installer and my experience) - but why put hot pans on a worktop anyway?!

• PRO
    User
    hace 5 años

Hi Vicky - if you want durable its quartz and also quartz is cheaper than Corian - you will find on the web customers saying the salesperson never told me that Corian would mark. If you don't like joins then Corian would be used as you can join without joins also moulded sinks which all comes at a cost - we use Caesarstone who offer 25 year warranty - Caesarstone Hope this helps !.

• PRO
    Anderson Sinclair Ltd
    hace 5 años

It's a tough questions, corian doesn't stain and is repairable but does scratch easily, quartz can stain and can't be repaired but doesn't scratch anywhere near as easily, both aren't the best with heat, neither is granite, all shouldn't have extreme heat directly applied to them.

Price wise, pure coloured corians are usually cheaper than pure coloured quartz, but then patterned corians are usually more expensive than patterned quartz/granite.

Both have pros and cons and I think it ultimately comes down to how you use the kitchen and what style you want. We have both on display in our showroom and we sell both just as much.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.