Houzz Logo Print
moquane

Need help with exterior color scheme

moquane
hace 10 años
Would like to make the front look of my house more inviting. Looking for a great color scheme to use with existing siding color.

Comentarios (13)

• hisjoye
    hace 10 años
    Some hanging plants--especially flowers, a brightly painted rocking chair--think yellow or robin's egg blue--with a cushy pillow and a nice welcome mat and a cute DIY wreath in coordinating colors would punch this porch up without a lot of work. The previous poster was right--you do need to repaint/revarnish your steps and railing. But cosmetics like plants and rockers go a long way too!
    moquane agradeció a hisjoye
  • anne dee
    hace 10 años
    can this help re ideas for color accents?
    Northwood · Más información
    moquane agradeció a anne dee
  • moquane
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thank you for the ideas. Definitely needs some accessories like hisjoye suggested. I like the colors of the Northwood house but would like more ideas for accent colors please. Here is another picture of the front of the house.
  • renns
    hace 10 años
    Where do you want to put the color? Are you thinking- just adding accessories or doing some upgrades like stain and paint? or both? One great spot to add color on a porch is the ceiling~
    moquane agradeció a renns
  • PRO
    Modern Doors Ltd
    hace 10 años
    I don't think the design of the door goes with the design of the house to start with. Also timber on the staircase looks worn, and it would need a deep sand if you are planning to re-stain it. Depending on the budget I would suggest replacing the door with a more modern design with horizontal boards, similar to the image attached or similar design with straight lines and 90deg joints. As for the colouring why not painting both the staircase and the door in a matching colour to your elevation so it all blends in? I believe it would be more inviting than contrasting colours and would cover the signs of worn timber.
    moquane agradeció a Modern Doors Ltd
  • Dar Eckert
    hace 10 años
    Painting the steps and column would help a lot. I think painting the railings and riser part of the steps white and the treads and porch a darker color like charcoal would be nice.
    moquane agradeció a Dar Eckert
  • moquane
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Definitely want to stain the porch, steps and column. Just need help with what to paint what color.
  • Marge Orso
    hace 10 años
    Everyone mentions staining the porch. Check out other colors of stain, but make sure you use stain for decks. I would suggest moving large decorative house numbers to the wood column on the right. Perhaps straight up & down a ceramic tile design in color. You might want to match the door color to the number color. The trim around the mail box could match also. It appears that you might have enough room to place a small table & chair set on the right. Use decorative outdoor pillows on the chairs to coordinate.
    moquane agradeció a Marge Orso
  • wbporter
    hace 10 años
    I think that it would look much lighter and brighter if you painted your front steps, stoop and posts or columns white to match your other window and door trim. Also, some plants and bright colored pots would make it really stand out. Maybe clean your concrete and stain it.
    moquane agradeció a wbporter
  • Dar Eckert
    hace 10 años
    Also add a large pot of flowers to the right side of the steps. Get a tall narrow one that stands 1/3 to 1/2 the height of the wall behind it.
  • moquane
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Dar-you mention painting the railings and riser white and the porch and treads a dark color. What about the column and trim on top of porch? Would love more suggestions regarding colors from more people as well. Thanks so much for all the great ideas. I especially like the door, ceramic address numbers and furniture suggestions. I definitely need more flowers or plants.
  • Dar Eckert
    hace 10 años
    Since the rest of the house has white trim, I would go with white again for both.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.