Houzz Logo Print
jasmine_pierce

Picture Frames and Curtains

Jasmine P
hace 5 años
última modificación:hace 5 años

Hi friends! I have two dilemmas: I was thinking of hanging Some pictures in this cutout wall space. Shown are 16x20 squares. Should I keep this size and add one more below or do two rows of smaller frames? Other ideas?

For the window, I want to hang some linen curtains but I am wondering if it will look too crowded with the corner fireplace. Thanks for your help!

Comentarios (16)

• Manon Floreat
    hace 5 años

There doesn't appear to be sufficient room for curtain stack for the windows. I'd think about some tailored linen Roman shades, instead.

• torreykm
    hace 5 años

No to the curtains. Not enough room on the sides and too close to the fireplace. Roman shades would look great though.

• Jasmine P
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Here is the wall cutout, the picture didn't attach before

• natesg
    hace 5 años

I think the three you show look good. I wouldn’t add a fourth.

• Alexia L
    hace 5 años

Yeah I'd stick to blinds and skip the curtains!

• Jasmine P
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

@sammiej the wall stops there and there’s a thin separation to the kitchen and backyard door.

• Sammie J
    hace 5 años

I agree with roman blinds on the windows. I also like the pic sizes - but I think the space between them is too large (can't be helped with the outlet, tho), which makes the grouping too tall for the room - and, the symetrical layout accentuates that the door to the right is not symetrically placed. Have you thought about using narrow shelves? They could help to conceal the outlet, and at the same time give you some visual interest in the space.

• Jasmine P
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

I didn't think of shelves, that's a great idea!

• Jasmine P
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Would it look strange to put a second row of pictures next to the door? I know you don't typically do that but it's an oddly laid out wall space.

• PRO
    Windo VanGo
    hace 5 años
    Hi. You have space for panels wood pole and Shades. Blinds.or shutters under it
  • grapefruit1_ar
    hace 5 años

I would consider sheer panels so that they will let the light in even when slightly covering the window on each side. I prefer that all windows have curtains especially when there are shades.

• leelee
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Don't overload that small wall with a collage of photos or any kind of art or shelves. Maybe a tall thin cabinet would look nice there.

• Jasmine P
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thanks everyone, I've got some great ideas to consider!

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    hace 5 años

Find some art you like and put it where your cutouts are. It could be any number of pictures, depending on their size. No pictures next to the door - that just draws attention to a very narrow door in a corner.

Jasmine P agradeció a Anglophilia
  • PRO
    Windo VanGo
    hace 5 años

4 1/2 inch Solf White louvers Plantation Shutters in Living Room.Office and family room. Waterloo Il.Great Look

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.