Houzz Logo Print
pauli202

I have an ugly coral wall in the house how can I decorate it

pauli202
hace 5 años
I have an ugly huge floor to ceiling coral wall in the house as you come in. I’m not sure how to decorate it or perhaps enhance it without taking it down

Comentarios (17)

• PRO
    EBL Interiors
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Photos are always helpful so that we can see the space. Do you mean that the color is coral? If so, have you considered painting it? It's a fairly cheap way to make a big difference in the home.

• pauli202
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    I will take a picture later on. It’s white in color but I don’t think painting it would be better
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 5 años

We have to know what type of stone wall you're dealing with that's why a picture is required.

• Coquina Stone
    • Shellstone
    • Coral Stone
    • Fossil Stone

If it requires cleaning, there are companies that will come out and clean it.

• pauli202
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Attached photos
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 5 años

I do not think it works with those floors I would just cover it and hang an awesome piece of art on that space.

• Sarah D
    hace 5 años

Is this wall structurally necessary or simply decorative? Is does look very weird! Could you drywall it? What is the purpose of the metal bar?

• pauli202
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    The metal bar are spot lights
  • Sarah D
    hace 5 años

Spot lights--yeah, I see that now! The wall is interesting, but the color doesn't look good with the tile floor. If you had more space there, I'd suggest getting an old Spanish desk or wooden bench and then hanging artwork. If you have natural light, you could do a row of big, potted plants (palms, ferns, figs. lemon trees, etc.) Painting the wall could look very weird, but at least it would match the floor better. I'd probably match the light tan in the tile--but first simulate the texture with plaster or something on a sample board. If you don't like the texture, I think drywalling is the best solution. They'll have to build a frame because of the bumpy texture and then what a thrill a future homeowner will get when renovating!

• User
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I think the wall is awesome. Its the floor thats fugly. Those tiles always remind me of burger king (before they remodeled) LOL. But it could look a lot better by just changing the grout color. Matching the grout to the wall should make it flow together nicely. The spot lights are on the wall for a reason. Hang a large fancy picture (not garbage modern) and it will look awesome.

• PRO
    Fine Art by Corinne Galeni
    hace 5 años

Love the way...change the tiles!!!

• User
    hace 5 años

I agree, the wall is awful. 'The Thing' takes on a whole new meaning.

Any though to removing the stone?

• PRO
    Georgia Maria Interiors
    hace 5 años

I'd paint the stones tones of browns, rust, beige and tans. Not solid more natural looking. Change the lighting fixture. Add a console table with mirror. You can work with that. Give me a call if you live in the NY area. I can fix that wall.

• pauli202
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    What can you advice me about the floor? Tile over tile? Laminant? What color ?
  • smartin1
    hace 5 años
    That coral wall is very mid-century modern and the floor is very Spanish hacienda. I other words, you need to pick one or the other and go from there. Google mid century modern rock wall and loads of great decor pulls up. If that’s not your style, tear it out and Sheetrock it. I found two pics of how people have incorporated similar walls into their decor.
  • tatts
    hace 5 años

I can't think of a bigger waste of time than painting the stones "...tones of browns, rust, beige and tans. Not solid more natural looking." That is exactly what is there now!!!

Painting stone, especially something as varied as that, is stupid, and a one-way trip. How is it better to look at lumps of brown, rust, and tan paint rather than the real item? Senseless.

• Hansen
    hace 5 años
    If this is your entry, I would put in an area rug, long console table and large piece of art.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.