Houzz Logo Print
bdgracy

Master bath shower

bdgracy
hace 5 años

Our designer mentioned that we need a bigger shower, especially for resale. We now have a 47 x 46 inch shower with a ceiling height of 10 foot with a 2 foot bulkhead. The designer is recommending a complete remodel which would allow for a 36" x 72" shower (with bench) and removing the bulkhead.

Questions. 1. Would the 36" width seem strange with 72" length? 2. Being that the ceiling height of the shower would now be 10' (removal of bulkhead) and the shower quite long, would this make for a cold shower experience?

Comentarios (5)

• Suki Mom
    hace 5 años

Our shower is 36x60 and does not feel overly long, and if it was a foot longer it would still feel fine, especially if the bench is at the end of the shower.

• Denita
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Are you changing the shower anyway?

Do you have the room to keep the width and just extend the length? To me the 36 inch width is very small unless this is a guest bath not used often. I wouldn't put in a shower less than 42 inches wide in a master bath and 4 ft wide is better. JMPO.

• bdgracy
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Yes, Danita. We are replacing the shower anyway. We have another option of extending the length of the shower and keeping the current width. I guess the shower would not be so drafty this way.
  • Denita
    hace 5 años

I haven't had the experience of a drafty shower. I have had very large showers in previous homes (largest was about 8'x8'). However, I'm in south FL so having a drafty shower isn't really a possibility here. I have shown new construction homes with that very long shower that gets negative responses from the buyers because it went from a reasonable length like 6 or 7 feet to something like 11 or 12 ft. Totally ridiculous. The shower has to fit the room. You do have a designer so that is a good thing. The thing that I disagree about was the very skinny width your designer suggested. Is that because of the size of the room or the location of the shower or something else?

• PRO
    Robert R. Larsen, Architect
    hace 5 años

I agree with Denita to keep the wider width. One way to minimize the possible draftiness would be to continue the glass shower enclosure up to the ceiling, in which case I'd properly tile the walls all the way up and be sure the tiled walls and ceiling have moisture resistant drywall so you wouldn't create problem with deteriorating drywall. The length of the shower should not affect draftiness. I'd go as large in either direction as you can comfortably within the available space.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.