Houzz Logo Print
katiehoemke

help with exterior

Katie Hemke
hace 5 años
Help! I’m starting with a clean slate as far as colors go but I’m having a difficult time with choosing a color combination. I’m incorporating some stone in there and I’m leaning toward Eldorado’s Charleston?? Roof? I like weathered gray I believe it’s called from Certainteed?? My architect drew the plans and I tweaked it to get an idea— uhhh no... I’m no artist!! Thank you.

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Bassett Furniture Design Studio
    hace 5 años

The best place to start with color selection is your favorite paint store. I suggest Sherwin Williams Exterior paint combinations. If you post a photo of your stone and roof selections, it would help the community suggest paint colors.

• Katie Hemke
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thank you! I am leaning towards this stone and this shingle. Do you think it could either go grays or taupe?? I like the idea of the grays because I love to change the color of my front door every so often but everyone in my community that has a new build or remodeled has done it in gray. The taupe I feel a little more restricted??? Thanks for your help.
  • Katie Hemke
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Also do you feel I could go this dark in this small ranch? It is sw Dolphin.
  • PRO
    Robert R. Larsen, Architect
    hace 5 años

Either greys or taupe with white trim could be very nice. I would recommend painting the front door a vibrant accent color like red or teal to give some contrast and punch. The garage door could also be the accent color. I don't mind the darker shingles although keep in mind they will absorb heat from the sun - but I like the contrast with the medium grey or taupe on the siding.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.