Houzz Logo Print
keira_malkowska

Purple-grey bedroom help

K Malcolm
hace 5 años
I have recently got new bedding, furniture and painted my bedroom...but am struggling to make it all come together, it looks quite disjointed at the moment :(

I want to get:

1. a new ceiling light fitting
(the black was temporary before the walls were painted. I was thinking something glass/chandelier like or else maybe white?)

2. a rug for under the bed
(I'm not sure what sort of colour I should be going for? similar to the walls? similar to th3 furniture? black? I've seen 2 I like, but they are totally different! )

3. picture frames
(I was thinking black frames?)

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated! Or any other ideas other than lighting/rug.

Thanks so much!

Comentarios (9)

• PRO
    North Leeds Garden Design
    hace 5 años

How about a copper lamp or even black with copper inside. The flex needs to be longer though so it hangs lower over the bed if you retain a shade style. Get a pair of side lights that co-ordinate, possibly tall with a narrow shade and it should hang together better.

i'm wondering why you want to buy a rug? It looks like you have carpet so don't actually need anything softer underfoot and you are just adding another pattern which will make the floor seem smaller.

It looks like you have wood door on the left of the top photo, if it is an attractive wood try to tie the picture frames into this to make it more of a cohesive space. Hope some of that helps

• K Malcolm
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thanks for your ideas, will try out the copper...although might be a little modern for my taste.

I just thought a rug in the right colour might help tie it all together? I was thinking plain initially, poss a shaggy type one, the patterned ones just caught my eye lol xx
  • Juliet Docherty
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Looking at the door, the dull violets, and the bed cover, you have essentially got a orange, green and violet triad which works really well, it's currently all very muted. Copper would therefore work, as would a bit of something more saturated such as a magenta. A large drum shade in a stronger colour and some cushions would really lift it. I like the pale floor as it is. Dull violets are so dark, I wouldn't use any black.

• K Malcolm
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thanks so much for your comments, I've had a look at some copper options and agree it looks good. I can't find anything in a more traditional style though, copper always seems to be more modern/industrial :(

I have liked this light for a while, and think it could look good? What would you all suggest for bedside lamps if I went for something like this?
  • Ste Stanley
    hace 5 años
    I think some glass lighting would finish the room off nicely. These tables lamps as a starting point or something similar paired with a modern glass chandelier.
  • minnie101
    hace 5 años

Nice room, love the bed and bedspread. I can't find one ATM but I would repeat the wood for a bed end stool (but not with clashing legs as shown!) as it looks as if you've got the room. If you can't find an upholstered one then go for wood and add a cushion/s and throw (I'd drape a throw in either case, preferably a fringed one). I tried a brighter lampshade and the green and I think I prefer the green (they are a bit bigger than they should be as I couldn't shrink them Plus the chandelier could go lower!). I'd choose a pleated lamp shade for texture and add oval mirrors. I did try cushions on the bed but it seemed too lovely to cover! I'd also paint the radiator in the wall colour

• K Malcolm
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    I love these ideas, thanks so much! Excited to shop around now :D xx
  • Sonia
    hace 5 años
    Wow love Hampstead’s suggestions! As you have that gorgeous French style bed that should be the route to go. Can’t wait to see it once it’s all done!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.