Houzz Logo Print
jordan_glasgow

Soft / dim light bulbs

jordan_glasgow
hace 5 años

Hello folks,

I finally found a pendant and matching lamps for my bedroom that I love. However, the lamp shades are wire, so the bulb is completely exposed.

I bought a 'MiniSun 4W Filament Pear Shaped Bulb In Warm White', but it looks a lot brighter than the photos show and, despite only being 4W, is too intense for a bare bedside bulb first thing in the morning!

Does anyone have any experience/suggestions of truly soft/dim and warm bulbs? If you can see a fancy, twisty element then even better.

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    Amelia Wilson
    hace 5 años
    You could change to a dimmer to manage the brightness
  • PRO
    Darklight Design Ltd
    hace 5 años

Hi Jordan, hope you’re well?

When it comes to the brightness of an LED bulb, Lumens (LM) is now the most important measurement. The excellent energy efficiency of new LED lamps means that Watts (W) is now only a measure of the energy needed to power the lamp – it no longer tells you how bright it will be.

The lovely bulbs that you’ve bought are 440LM and, usually, around 400LM would be fine for a bedside lamp. However, it seems that as yours don’t have a shade and are too bright for you, lamps with a lower number of LM - perhaps around 220LM – may be more suitable.

If you need to know more about this, have a quick read of our blog ‘LED Lighting – What You Need to Know’.

Hope this helps a bit.

Best regards, Rich

Darklight Design

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.