Houzz Logo Print
sforester56

Window Treatments - Please Help!

Stephanie Gray
hace 5 años

I am in need of advice regarding the windows off of my kitchen. I cannot decide which way to go here, but I think this area needs some softening and warming up. Let me know what you advise. The walls will be painted in a nice griege, and privacy is not a huge issue since this room looks out onto a sunroom. Thanks! By the way I am willing to trim out these windows as well.

Comentarios (9)

• jck910
    hace 5 años

You could put a rod across both windows (wider than windows) and hang panels Or you you do roman shades hung above the windows

• Stephanie Gray
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thanks! I did think about Roman shades. (I think curtains may be too bulky for this small space. ) If you have any thoughts about which kind of Roman shade, I’d love to hear those ideas as well. There are so many that it is quite overwhelming.

• grapefruit1_ar
    hace 5 años

I was going to suggest exactly what ACM said.

• Stephanie Gray
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

I never thought about sheers here, but it’s definitely a consideration. My other thought was a top down bottom up shade so that I could control light, view etc.

• jck910
    hace 5 años

Roman shade mounted above window. IMO Sheers would be too light with your furniture style and the will block the outlet

• David&Sue Schoch
    hace 5 años

Softening up - "soft" Roman shades in a print that works with the kitchen colors.

• PRO
    Signature Home Services
    hace 5 años

Since that space appears to get a lot of traffic, i wouldn't put any type of hanging window treatment - it'll get abused too much. Up/down are great but we find most leave them in one position. I say trim the windows out, change the baseboards while you're at it and then "live" with it and see if that does it for you. If you did any type of window treatment, I'd hang it so the bottom came down to the top of your windows.

• Stephanie Gray
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thank you so much for your opinion. I’ve tried to imagine sheers as others mentioned earlier, but ultimately this space is too close to the door, chairs, etc. as you say. I did have a swag hanging there but hated the way it looked without trim. My biggest fear with this space is that I do something that looks too heavy and dominant. Perhaps a swag with lighter material, or a cornice would work.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.