Houzz Logo Print
mellizosmamax3

So much stuff, enough room, but where to put and organize?

Liz B
hace 5 años

I have a basement room that leads to a family room. Right now it just functions as a place to put 'stuff'. I also have a very large laundry room with the furnace, water heater, utility sink, electrical box, w/d, deep freezer and a ton of winter clothes storage, games, puzzles, etc.

I was recently given a smaller full size fridge and would like to create some sort of bar or kitchenette to include the fridge, a microwave, coffee maker, etc. Should I place the kitchenette in the laundry room? Should I try to place it under the stairs? Do I move the games/puzzles to the empty room and create some kind of storage there?

In the grand scheme of things this is not a real problem but I welcome the distraction of organizing/re-decorating and finding some purpose for these under/over utilized spaces.

Thanks very much!

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    hace 5 años

Really hard to comment on this without photos. Any chance you can upload some pix of the spaces in question?

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Call an interior designer and a contractor to the SITE. Seems you deserve a better lit and more inviting laundry than what you now have. A closet would be handy as well. Why diddle with ten thousand answers, no dimensions posted and an unknown budget? Get on site help. A certainty of the games and piles and winter clothing storage amount is best determined before that on site visit. ......if not needed? Out.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 5 años

Yep best way to go.

• talley_sue_nyc
    hace 5 años

In the meantime, I'll join in on the mental exercises of thinking things through!

First question: Who will use that kitchenette/bar, and for what?

Will it be a place that people get snacks and drinks while they're hanging out in the basement room?
    I would want that kitchenette to feel part of the enjoyable living space--so, I wouldn't necessarily want it shut away in the laundry room.

So I'd put it in the corner of the room that people will spend time in.

(but I'll also say--I would probably decline that fridge--it takes up a lot of space, and I personally wouldn't find it of enough value. If I really was in love with the idea of a kitchenette, I'd get a little bar fridge.)

• PRO
    Star-Doors com LLC
    hace 5 años
    It is not very clear from photos and floor plan.
    If you want to have clean place and store all stuff at the same place - build sliding doors floor till ceiling and put some organizers inside.
    It pretty easy and no mess, but pricy. Example on photos - we built mirror doors in this repurposed garage.

I’m not sure about kitchenette, better to invest in nice laundry: organize storage for clothes, storage for detergents and cleaners, maybe a kind of pantry.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.