Houzz Logo Print
houzzuk

Statement wallpaper – have you braved it?

HouzzUK
hace 5 años

Dramatic wallpaper designs like these [statement beauties[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/ideabooks/112733777/list/statement-wallpaper) can transform a room – and that's whether you choose to paper a feature wall or all four walls!

Are you brave enough? Tell us where you've dared to go bold with wallpaper at home (we'd love to see a photo too)!

Reflections collection · Más información

Statement Wallpaper · Más información

Comentarios (110)

• Heidi Lumb
    hace 5 años

Then we went all over in the 'industrial themed' utility room

• pmasmith3
    hace 5 años
    I love my Juneberry & Bird by Lorna Susan. Finished decorating kitchen/diner just in time for Christmas.
  • pmasmith3
    hace 5 años
    Sorry, Lorna Syson - predictive text!
  • coolerplanet
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Renovating a mid century house, we slapped white paint almost everywhere except in the newly opened up hall way . We chose a Josef Albers design to chime age wise and hung one colourway in the hall and another in the entrance.. It is dramatic but cheerful and works well in transition areas I think.

• Jane
    hace 5 años
    Downstairs cloakroom
  • Jemma Todd
    hace 5 años
    My downstairs loo. It’s been like this for at least 8 years and I still love it. I do fancy a change though.
  • Julie
    hace 5 años

Wallpaper sometimes just works. Here's my mini moderns in my 1960's house.

• Julie
    hace 5 años

Festival

• Sarah
    hace 5 años
    I'd love to try a wallpaper but have never done it before. I change my mind a lot. If I put it up and then want to change it, will I end up with a scrappy uneven looking wall after I've steamed it off? What are other people's experience?
  • Julie
    hace 5 años
    No sarah it wont ruin your wall if ti was in good condition before, should you decide to take it off again....unless its woodchip!
  • Sarah
    hace 5 años
    Thanks Julie, no woodchip thankfully! Walls are in pretty good condition. That's good news then, maybe I'll try some wallpaper then :-)
  • Julie
    hace 5 años
    give it a go Sarah you might be pleasantly surprised
  • Nicola Hassall
    hace 5 años

I love wallpaper. Every room has it in, as you can see!

• Nicola Hassall
    hace 5 años

the other rooms!

• PRO
    World of Wallpaper
    hace 5 años

Looking for some wallpaper inspo? Check out our website: https://www.worldofwallpaper.com/ We've got a design for everyone and everyroom!

• soozmacrae
    hace 5 años

Ive got paint everywhere apart from fireplace. I really want to be adventurous. Now that ive seen others, im going to give it a go!

• PRO
    Hampstead Design Hub
    hace 5 años

Hi there!

Personally I love wall paper. By using the wall paper you can add a colour and stile to the project

• Isabel Robson
    hace 5 años
    I thought this was quite bold, but creates a lovely cosy snug!
  • Carrol Jordaan-Heffernan
    hace 5 años
    I will get tired of the design
  • doughnut44
    hace 5 años

Be brave, I love my newest addition to our home

• Trese Rowe
    hace 4 años
    A Mark Hearld paper from St Jude’s, in our downstairs loo. We love the design because we live in a Red Squirrel area!
  • Polly Cake Pops
    hace 4 años
    I went a bit jungle in my downstairs loo
  • chinablax
    hace 4 años
    Decided to go a bit crazy with the dining room wall. Not too outrageous, just enough to stand out.
  • Jurgita Malinauskaite-Narauskiene
    hace 4 años
    I need yours help
    Just moved to new house and have no idea which wallpapers choose in my hallway any idea?
    Thanks
  • Heidi Lumb
    hace 4 años

I see you have a grey carpet......we chose Crown Cotton Tweed Stripe wallpaper in our hallway and it looks super smart and also a very good value paper!

• Catherine Dyson
    hace 4 años

I went brave in the guest bedroom with Bluebellgray wallpaper

• Chris Goodchild
    hace 4 años

cathdyson I think that looks amazing, nice job.

• T Gray
    hace 4 años

cathdyson, that looks fantastic! We have just done our spare bedroom in Drawing Room Blue and were discussing whether to do a massive flower mural to finish it off. I am now off to that site to see what they have, thank you! :)

• Isabel Walter
    hace 4 años

We went a bit wallpaper crazy. One in the living room, one in the WC, two in the hall and three in the kitchen...

• PRO
    Brandler London
    hace 4 años

I agree that wallpaper is a great way of making a statement as can be seen from one of our recent projects:-

Mount Park, London · Más información

• Rosie B
    hace 4 años

This is a ‘trend’ that we saw the first time around - and foolishly fell into the trap of using wallpaper. Never again thank you! Dates quickly, leaving a big job of removing the damned stuff and trying to get the walls clean and smooth again ready to paint. The only thing worse was the major overuse of borders.....a trend that I have no doubt will also return - to haunt the users in the future. I agree with a previous comment: if you fall for a particular pattern just frame a large piece - at least it’s easy to bin when you become sick of it! I much prefer calm plain walls, with interesting artwork as decoration - changing artwork around occasionally gives a new feel to a room (easily!).

• PRO
    Brandler London
    hace 4 años

@ Rosie B - it really depends on the quality of the wall paper and adhesive that you use as some can be removed from the walls relatively easily. Also remember that, again bearing in mind the paper you use, you can paper over an existing one if the original was fitted well.

Personally I love using wallpaper, but the higher quality variety types and not the DIY Store options, as you can get a great deal of aesthetic effect which a paint just will not give you.

You are right, in that it is a nightmare to remove a cheap paper backed wallpaper!

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    hace 4 años

I would never call wallpaper a trend. No indeed.... Wallpaper is magnificent and can be used in a myriad of ways... The more creative the better. Yes they can be eye watering in terms of pricing. But then, like anything. You can use it wisely. It's not about creating a "feature wall" either. But a somewhat seamless interweave of style throughout the home. Again, that is not to say it need blend in. If your home is a wash out... It is time to embrace something altogether different!

On paint..... There is a great deal of aesthetic effect you can create with colour.. And here again, it is not about "pops" of colour. It is a full scale immersion... Embrace the senses and go forth!

AJ A Living room.

• Chris Goodchild
    hace 4 años

Amber Jeavons Ltd

I agree, wallpaper is option not a trend, just as paint texture and/or colour are options. How you use different materials, colours and textures are what creates the environment you want to live in, if all you do is follow trends, you will never stop and be able to enjoy where you live.

Be true to yourself and choose what you truly like and never worry about whether you are on trend or not.

• hmmmaster
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

I went pretty bold with my bedroom wallpaper - no regrets, I love it !

• Kerri O'Kane
    hace 4 años

Chose this from the home office, found it it's totally unforgiving in terms of marks but still love it.

• Catherine HW
    hace 4 años

Went bold in our downstairs WC after being inspired by this thread - no regrets! (Apart from when I was single-handedly fighting with it when putting the damn stuff up!!) :-)

• PRO
    World of Wallpaper
    hace 4 años

Catherine HW wow I LOVE this

• PRO
    Brandler London
    hace 4 años

Great job Catherine... your WC looks stunning and belongs in a design magazine!

• Ali Lynch
    hace 4 años
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>I love wallpaper where it’s needed to add “wow” factor and getting a decorator is just as easy if you aren’t experienced to do it yourself!
    Looking for one now for the downstairs loo! Going bold
  • Sabina Smite
    hace 4 años

Cheap aliexpress bold wallpapers.. Could be a bit more expressive I think

• Jill Henry
    hace 4 años

2 see zzofc9kxf9d9d89

• Heidi Lumb
    hace 4 años
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>Weve now gone "bold" in our little cloakroom and totally transformed the look of it....we are so impressed
  • Heidi Lumb
    hace 4 años

Sorry photos didn't add on post

Cleeve Hill Revamp · Más información

• Viv Kirk
    hace 4 años
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>What is it with looks and bold wallpaper?
  • Viv Kirk
    hace 4 años

Sorry should read ‘loos’ ....

• R Hughes
    hace 4 años

Wallpaper is not for me, I much prefer calm neutral walls and add my individuality with art and pictures.

• Emma Lamb
    hace 4 años

I think Viv, it maybe one place ppl feel brave if they are nervous to use it everywhere.

• Ana Sanchez
    hace 4 años

Hidden cupboard

• Nadia Burton
    hace 3 años

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.