Houzz Logo Print
stillpitpat

Slightly warmer color than BM Chantilly Lace?

stillpitpat
hace 5 años

We are almost certainly doing our cabs in Chantilly Lace (waiting on a sample), and once they're in we will do a test with it on the walls as well. It's possible we will go with another white in there. Just gotta see how the cabs look once they're in.

We will probably be going with another white in our dining room. I had hoped to carry the same white over, but I think CL is just too bright in that space. Does anyone have a white recommendation from either BM or SW that is just a tad warmer? That room is two toned, and the upper half will be SW Rice Paddy. I absolutely love that color in there and can't wait until it's done. This is how it looks with Chantilly Lace, which seems so stark in that room after years with a creamier color. We will probably do the living room in the same white as the dining room, and it has a sage couch and chair, dark woods, rust drapes, and 5 windows (east and south).

Comentarios (21)

• mark_rachel
    hace 5 años

Capital White is very nice, but may be too warm.

stillpitpat agradeció a mark_rachel
  • lisa_a
    hace 5 años

I agree with Sophie. Choose one white for the entire home and vary your wall colors.

I think you'd be better off choosing a white that is warmer than Chantilly Lace so that it doesn't look so stark against the lovely color you've chosen for your DR. Pass by the colors that look white on the color chips and head towards more off-white whites. IME, they look a lot whiter on the walls than they do on the chips, especially when next to warm walls.

I wasn't initially sold on Devine Paint's Whip, which my GC recommended, but once I got past how it looked on the chip, I tested it and found it to be the perfect white for us. It looks great with cool and warm paint colors, never reading gray or yellow.

My GC's painter color matched it in Rodda (Devine Paint is very expensive), which is also a regional paint manufacturer. Wish I could remember the BM or SW paint chips that were very similar for you but I can't. I found an old thread where a poster suggested BM Marble White as a
    close substitute for Divine Whip. I'm not familiar with that white nor
    does it ring a bell but that might be a good place to start.

Here's my DR, painted in a similar rich golden tone (50% BM Desert Tan). My DR ceiling and my LR walls are painted BM Light Pewter.

Here's a photo of my hutch and DR walls.

And a close up of the hutch.

We have lots of windows so my rooms are quite well-lit but this white definitely looks more creamy, off-white in sunlight than it does inside. I wished I'd realized that before we chose it for our exterior trim color (reason was for continuity between inside and out). If I'd known, I would have requested that to have it mixed at half strength for the exterior.

HTH!

stillpitpat agradeció a lisa_a
  • GreenDesigns
    hace 5 años

I would not recommend Chantilly Lace for any of those elements. It is much to stark and cold.

stillpitpat agradeció a GreenDesigns
  • stillpitpat
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

It all helps, thanks everyone!

I am going to look at some warmer whites and get some samples to play with. The reason I wound up wanting Chantilly Lace is that I really liked the sample I got at this one cabinet shop. It goes well with the glacier white corian we are using, and the sample has a hint of warmth to it. So I bought some paint to sample and (1) was surprised to find CL on a gray color palette, and (2) was surprised to see how bright it is on the wall. The cabinet shop where I got the sample is not the one we are using, and they don't do a conversion varnish. I don't remember what their process is called, but it was supposedly better than a conversion varnish (but who really knows). I wonder if somehow their process made the CL look warmer than normal. Idk. I am waiting on a sample from the place we *are* getting the cabs, but I want to keep moving on this and not just sit on my hands. They are a small shop and don't have ready-made samples to just hand out, plus their project manager is new and I think they are working out some kinks (I do trust them tho). I will definitely read those articles too. Just crossing my fingers I can find a nice clean white with just a hint of warmth.

• pandtkendall
    hace 5 años

BM Capitol White (CW-10) is a gorgeous slightly off-white paint in the BM Williamsburg Collection. A gorgeous white, not stark and cold. You don't hear much about it or the other beautiful Williamsburg colors because you have to know to ask for the Williamsburg Collection.

stillpitpat agradeció a pandtkendall
  • stillpitpat
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

I am going to check out BM too. I went to SW just now and nothing really clicked. I'm going to take another look at Pure White, and I picked up a sample of Snowbound. Everything else was either stark, too creamy, or had gray undertones. I will go to BM tomorrow and look for Capitol White.

• stillpitpat
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Also, it may be hard to see it, but Rice Paddy is green. Maybe it's a light celery but leaning toward a sage? Not sure how to describe it. It's on a palette that ends with a dark olive. I was trying to find a pale green that would go with our Marimekko print, and it's perfect. I keep peeking into the dining room just to look at it.

• sherri1058
    hace 5 años

Full disclosure: I am not a colour person, BUT have you looked at BM Simply White? I am a warm colour person and am really surprised at how pleased I am with Simply. It's white, not blue(ish) and it's clean without being stark.

stillpitpat agradeció a sherri1058
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    hace 5 años

one white is best. Have you considered Swiss coffee?

stillpitpat agradeció a Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • stillpitpat
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Is Swiss Coffee a BM color? I am going there tomorrow and will look for it. And Simply White is at the top of a list I made after reading a bunch of white threads recently. Hope tomorrow is fruitful!

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    hace 5 años

Yes, it’s a BM color. Good Luck tomorrow!

• PRO
    Chris Zec Photography
    hace 5 años
    BM White Dove is a great slightly warm go-to...good luck!
  • hemina
    hace 5 años
    Try a sample of Oxford White. We did our trim in chantilly lace and our walls are mostly Oxford white and I love it. Excuse the mess-we’re in the middle of moving in.
  • stillpitpat
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

I started writing out a long post about how the lighting will affect the paint colors, but I decided to make a new post about it. Please check it out.

• Yayagal
    hace 5 años

Take a look at BM marscapone, it looks wonderful on walls and cabs.

• stillpitpat
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

I ended up picking up 6 samples, but I don't remember what all of them are (they are still in the car). I know I got Oxford White, White, and Simply White. Hopefully we'll get some sun in Chicago tomorrow so I can see how they look.

• PRO
    LaurenB Interiors LLC
    hace 5 años
    which color did you choose? I’m considering BM Chantilly Lace for my trim and BM Oxford White for my walls. I’m looking for a slightly softer color than Chantilly that isn’t yellowish. I’d love to hear what you chose & see pics!!
  • thecohens
    hace 5 años

Swiss Coffee has a green undertone that I find sickly. Check out Maria Killam. I foundher website very helpful understanding the different variations of white. Hint: it's not just about warm and cool.

• stillpitpat
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

I went with Snowfall White, although I don't have pix yet. The upper cab boxes are in, but not the doors.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.